SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

hi TeaBag

Can you help me with how to connect the boards to my najda? The najda has one 5 vdc input (2 terminals) so I will connect the 5 v bib section to this. It also has 12v +/Gnd/- though(3 terminals). I am wondering as +12v on bib has 2 terminals(well 4 if you include the sense circuit) and also -12v on bib has 2/4 terminals on bib as well and it seems they are both separate circuits. Can I connect 2 of the outputs of the bib to make a common ground on the 12v side and that way have the 3 outputs +12/gnd/-12 that I need?

Regards

Simon

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Connect all the 0 sense and 0 force cables from both polarity sections to your GND power input point on your circuit. Connect +F +S to your +12V power input point. Connect -F -S to your -12V power input point. Twist each sense pair of cables as it leaves each regulator.

Connect all the 0 sense and 0 force cables from both polarity sections to your GND power input point on your circuit. Connect +F +S to your +12V power input point. Connect -F -S to your -12V power input point. Twist each sense pair of cables as it leaves each regulator.

I seem to have low voltage when doing it this way it drops to 5.8 when connected to najda. I have 12v +- when connecting to dummy load resistors though. What do you think is wrong. I have dual coil outputs on my transformer. should the 2 wires be connected for the centre tap maybe?

Regards

Simon

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
If the regs hold at +/- 12V on 13.5R each, then the current limit you set is sufficient and it it must be another kind of problem like oscillation. Lets continue that in the builds thread, upload a picture on how you connect the regs to the + 0 - nadja inputs there.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
They can be different if surely sufficient for each rail's transient max. If you can't fit all those wires, close locally at the regs connectors F+ to S+, F0 to S0 and so on and so forth for the negative. Make them normal two wire output regs in other words since you can bring them so near to the load. Connect with few wires as if with standard output type regs. So we see if something changes. If not, scope the rails for possible oscillation(s).

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Salas is there any way to make two sslv into a tracking +/- power supply?
There could be a stereo linear pot with a value comparable to your R103 & R203 replacing those. The trimmers could bring the range base voltages together so to ensure voltage tracking. Because its a pot that will be connected in the heart of Vref(s) you should ensure that no interference is picked up by wires. Better use shielded coax, ground the pot's body etc. Haven't tried that, if it brings oscillations, noise, etc. it may well prove just non doable due to side effects.