SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

It takes to replace it. Still, you never know if something else got tortured during the high current situation. The CCS MOSFET for instance. All leds must shine first and the voltage drop across the setting resistor should indicate a roughly expected level of CCS current. One step at a time.

Hi Salas,Nezbleu,
I have replaced the LED and used a 100ohm test load.
All the LED are on and I get a steady 19.2V after a minute or 2. Starts at 19.4 approx. I measure 2.4 ohm across R101 and it still gets pretty warm after a few minutes. Still don't read much across R108.
Regards,
kffern

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Maybe 2.4 Volt? That means 615mA across a 3.9R. Its plenty hot-rod. Negative thermal drift until equilibrium is also correct result, since its a designed in feature to avoid any danger for border rail spec load circuits during the warm up. R108 should read few mV. 80-150mV maybe.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You are in the correct builds thread then. Those values you mentioned are to set the 5V out parallel part. Four greens and 1.8R R101 is for the CCS current section to allow about 1A. Your load's max demand must be known not to challenge that limit, and to leave a little spare from that for the reg to consume for itself.

Maybe 2.4 Volt? That means 615mA across a 3.9R. Its plenty hot-rod. Negative thermal drift until equilibrium is also correct result, since its a designed in feature to avoid any danger for border rail spec load circuits during the warm up. R108 should read few mV. 80-150mV maybe.

Thanks for your help Salas. Much appreciated.
It is 2.4 V and R108 does measure 0.14V (non autoranging multimeter :rolleyes:)
I might change out the cement insulated R101 for a better one.

To confirm: the outputs to the buffer should be 2 x twisted wires from F+/S+ for +ve and another for 0/0 for -ve?

Thanks,
Kffern

Clever or fraudulent photography?

Why don't they show the printed side of the device?

I sent short email to Omega (supplier) via Amazon and asked about 100% built proof of guaranty for authenticity. Let’s see what they are going to answer. But, I do not thing that Amazon monster might allow to someone to sell some fake staff.

Last edited:
I'll offer a worthless guarantee, that Amazon don't bother checking what gets sold under their banner, until after the lawyers force them to do the "moral" thing for the few they get caught at.

Two live concepts:
a. I trust people
b. “Trust no one”
Which one to use is individual’s preference. I personally did not see any issue with fake products on Amazon.