• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Squeezebox Touch PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am a US user and would be very interested in this item when it goes to GB. Will it be posted in GB when available? I just received my Subbu DAC v3 and am starting to prep for it's build. I am fine with a PCB and suggested BOM as sourcing is a bit easier from my location. Thanks!
Steve

Hi Steve,

Nice to read you've been delivered ;)
Here you are, this is GB section.
"Moderator Emeritus" will tell us more about this GB :D

Regards,
Phil

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi I want to start the GB this week. I am waiting for the final check of the rev 5.0 layout by Subbu. Rev. 5.0 has a connector for an Ampère-meter and some more ventilation slots (won't harm).

Just curious, will this chip be also good for a TPA3116 amp @~20v, say after two 12v SLA batteries..with bigger heatsink etc of course..
BTW, hope to see this GB to take off soon :)

Hi, the chips input limit is 20 V max. which would exclude transformers of 15 V AC and higher. Two 12 V batteries in series will not be possible and one battery won't make much sense combined with a PSU board. I think you can use a 12V transformer safely and have 15 to 17 V DC output at light to moderate load. Of course one has to test this. The PSU has such a low dropout voltage that it must be possible with a 10000 µF (or 15000 µF) filter cap but if you want to try that out I would use a separate PSU per channel. Dual mono so to speak. I guesstimate the heatsink to be the right size. In my experience the TPA3116 is not power hungry and it even works at 12 V with good results. The max. current of the PSU won't be a problem in real life unless you play death metal at full rated power ;) I have a few TPA3116 amps and wanted to try it out myself but I think the GB will consume my spare time the next weeks.

Last edited:
I'm Getting WAY ahead of myself

For those of you who plan to build J-P's power supply and are in the US.

I was looking up stuff for another project, so I decided to check out a few obvious parts from this project. The key component of this build is the Linear Technology LT1764A. Unfortunately, Mouser in the US doesn't stock Linear at all, so I went looking at Digi-Key and Newark (Farnell to the rest of you). Both carry the LT1764A, but I found prices on things like the heatshield to be more expensive at Newark. The proposed Triad transformer (not yet proven) is also not available at Newark. I guess I will be going Digi-Key on this one. Attached is a small table with some part numbers of a few key components for your browsing pleasure.

Jac

Attachments

• Touch PSU component table.pdf
    7 KB · Views: 270
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.