• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Squeezebox Touch PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let me be the first to comment on the Subbu/ JP SBT PSU sound quality using the SBT (with KLH 5 and Scott 299c):
The rhythmic drive is much improved, probably because the lower frequencies are much better. Lots more toe tapping. Also, it also seems like I've stepped up from mp3 to lossless with more musical information to be present.
Next board will supply the Waveio to my Subbu v3 dac desk system, and my third board is going into my hacked usb cable supplying my Bel Canto dac.

Anyone have the C1 and R1 snubber values for the Triad ?

Thanks again to JP and Subbu...what is next?
Jerry

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Let me be the first to comment on the Subbu/ JP SBT PSU sound quality using the SBT (with KLH 5 and Scott 299c):
The rhythmic drive is much improved, probably because the lower frequencies are much better. Lots more toe tapping. Also, it also seems like I've stepped up from mp3 to lossless with more musical information to be present.
Next board will supply the Waveio to my Subbu v3 dac desk system, and my third board is going into my hacked usb cable supplying my Bel Canto dac.

Anyone have the C1 and R1 snubber values for the Triad ?

Thanks again to JP and Subbu...what is next?
Jerry

Thanks for the review, one of the first I read (the absolute first I think ?) and you know I like to hear opinions. Thanks that I can count on you for giving an honest opinion and also a positive one which helps ;) It seems a good product to me but confirmation of that is the icing on the cake. To be honest I think it outperforms many (way more expensive) commercial products but at the cost of DIYing and finding a nice case etc. but that's the reason we're here isn't it ? :) I am glad we again have happy builders. There is a next thing but I really learnt my lessons, you'll have to wait till it is ready.

Hi JP. Got my boards and you should have - at last - got the payment :).

Regards

Good, thanks for the payment.

Last edited:
The first initial sound of the sbt psu powering a waveiio was disappointing. It sounded much the same as the $8 dollar 5v ebay switching psu it replaced. But after a short while, I heard the transformation of the sbt psu as better individual space for each instrument, delineation of front to back space, better definition and a cleaner presentation overall. I could better make out the background chatter in the thelonius monk live at the jazz workshop. By the way it runs much cooler than powering the sbt…(desktop system: subbu v3 dac, ASL SE KT 88 integrated, KLH 22). Meanwhile in the SBT system, the sound has become “darker” and I assume it has entered the “agony of break in” phase. After this phase, things usually head back towards the initial impressions.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
There are a few boards left for those that like to build one. There will be no rerun so this is the last chance to obtain boards. I have also some ready built SBT PSU boards for sale, please contact me by PM if you would like one of those. I must clear out as new things have to be developed.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
All boards (except some for my own use) have been sold. I only have some ready built boards for sale. It seems all R-core transformers of the lot were bought by me so no new shipment of those. This project seems finished when the ready built boards have been sold.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Cutting off the original cable and using it on the new PSU is the solution. Do you really think you will be using the switcher again ? It is not the same quality as the Touch is.

I would not even dare to risk using a third party connector with inconsistent connection if only to avoid fire hazard/burning in of the connector of the Touch etc. It is not worth the risk.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.