Spice simulation

The battery will charge fine with ripple on the supply. There are some techniques (probably discredited) for pulse charging batteries to get more power into them. The circuit is essentially a resistor limited charging circuit. It doesn't have any sophistication in limiting the current when the battery reaches full charge etc.

Most commercial chargers have just enough cap to function (more costs more. . .)

A battery does not care how much ripple it has from the charger.
An old fashioned selenium rectifier battery charger had no capacitance.
The ripple went from 0Vdc to > battery plate voltage.

The battery absorbs the current and uses that to create a chemical reaction that "stores" the charge.

A battery does not care how much ripple it has from the charger.
An old fashioned selenium rectifier battery charger had no capacitance.
The ripple went from 0Vdc to > battery plate voltage.

The battery absorbs the current and uses that to create a chemical reaction that "stores" the charge.

Formation of gas bubbles in a flooded lead acid is that the battery is reaching full charge ,hydrogen on negative plate and oxygen on positive plate.. this is from some webpage if i remember correctly.. but why high ripple chargers bubble more? maybe more actual power/time ? and i am not in rush to charge my batteries and i want them to survive at least 5 years and want one charger what can charge anything from ups 7,2ah gel battery to 120-150 ah truck/nautic (yes i dont care if i leave battery for few days on charger)..

....but i cant find that .op menu in pspice nowhere , so used some 7a diodes that were already programed

The .op button is the last button on the right of the toolbar at the top of the screen.

PS: the screenshot you posted was LTspice, not Pspice. I assume you're still using LTspice.

It seems like you should get an SMPS to replace the power supply, because it will take an enormous trafo or cap bank to get ripple low enough, which will probably cost more than a SMPS.

The .op button is the last button on the right of the toolbar at the top of the screen.

PS: the screenshot you posted was LTspice, not Pspice. I assume you're still using LTspice.

It seems like you should get an SMPS to replace the power supply, because it will take an enormous trafo or cap bank to get ripple low enough, which will probably cost more than a SMPS.

that solves mystery why pspice models i downloaded didnt work

i just have one mean well 9a 35v lying around doing nothing :)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Formation of gas bubbles in a flooded lead acid is that the battery is reaching full charge ,hydrogen on negative plate and oxygen on positive plate.. this is from some webpage if i remember correctly.. but why high ripple chargers bubble more? maybe more actual power/time ? and i am not in rush to charge my batteries and i want them to survive at least 5 years and want one charger what can charge anything from ups 7,2ah gel battery to 120-150 ah truck/nautic (yes i dont care if i leave battery for few days on charger)..

You can slow charge those chemistries. Still the SLA needs somewhat different care than a flooded cell. For the wet cell the best measure is the specific gravity. Finding one of those gadgets may be difficult. For the sla follow the mfr's guidance. They both may need a periodic charge with more that a small current. Read this for better info: Charging Information For Lead Acid Batteries ? Battery University

The small charger for the 7.5 AH SLA may not be enough to charge the 150AH battery at all, not able to overcome self discharge.

interesting that was page i read info that was mentioned before... it is not that small charger and with bigger battery(i charged 120ah no problem in 2 days) it just stays on around 4 amps for second day and then current goes down to around 1 amp and stays at that current below 13v after that current goes lower . battery was later checked with inverter and pc and amp together around 500w voltage stays well over 12v and i was using heavy load on pc and amps on normal volume so it worked well , i just need one 4700uf condenser to lower ripple a little, lt1083 is used and max current maybe around 5,5-6,5a when charging fully discharged battery ,i will buy device what mesures cranking amps it is available on ebay so i will use that to be 100% sure battery is charged

4A X 2 Days (192 AH) should charge and 120 AH battery. 4A into a 7.5 AH battery will charge it in around 2 hours. Left on there, if it doesn't taper down, the battery will be cooked and become useless.

yes but this small battery charges around 1 day
it faster goes to 13v so current drops after half hour and nothing gets baked that was purpose of this charger in first place and this small batteries require slightly higher voltage to charge so there is no problem just problems with simulations which i dont know how to use right ..

I'd just as soon not teach the .four tool at all to audio beginners

it is much better to look at properly done graphical fft of more interesting test signals like multitones that show harmonics and IMD products

educate as to harmonic and IMD orders, circuit significance

not encourage anyone new to try to hit some single frequency THD #

I have model for IRF9610 from diyaudio, but I can not found IRF610 model. Anyone have IRF610 model?

In addition to the IRF9610, are there spice models available for the pair of IRF9510 and IRF510 compliment?
How about that IRF610 mentioned above..

I am a rank beginner at LT Spice, ....but have to learn sooner or later...Having these models would be nice to start with..I have a project coming up that will likely use them....I just use the traditional 'old school' math to get starting points and then fine tune with both measurements and listening...Yes...It would be nice to get some predictive analysis going to tighten up the starting point....

many here use CordellAudio.com - SPICE Models

there are details, differences in MOSFET modeling - the biggest is whether you have a .model - a set of parameters for a native Spice MOS transistor or a more generic .subcircuit type model that is made up of several lower level Spice models

there's also search:

A community dedicated to helping everyone learn the art of audio. Projects by fanatics, for fanatics! - Search Results for irf610 spice model

yes you may have to skim a few to find pointers to what you want

EKV MOSFET models?

Hi kgrlee,

Sorry I have been slow on this. Just got back from vacation and catching up, with a very tight week ahead. I'll try to see if I can get them out next week. I looked for and found the models, but have gotten myself confused about how/whether they are properly/reasonably treating Cgs and Cgd. I have to go back and retrace some steps to check that out. To some extent, it may be a matter of me trying to figure out where I left them. I'm pretty sure the DC and detailed EKV model stuff is right, however. I'll try to get back to it next week and see what I can do. Guess I'll have to go back and re-read some of my book to catch back up :) My apologies for the delay.

Cheers,
Bob

Hello Bob,
did I miss appearance of those EKV model(s) here, or where it can be found ?
greetings, Philipp

Hello Bob,
did I miss appearance of those EKV model(s) here, or where it can be found ?
greetings, Philipp

Hi Philipp,

No, you did not miss anything. I apologize. I have been sooo hammered for quite some time that my audio passion has been put on the back burner for awhile. Not sure when I'll get to it. Right now I'm trying to find some time to work on the second edition of my book and those EKV models may get some attention during that process, since I intend to address more of that in my book.

I am often my own worst enemy in being overly optimistic in what I can do, even now in my retirement (I retired last September).

Cheers,
Bob

Hi diyaudio community,

Once I played around with LTSpice, but I did not went too far with it. Simulating a novel tube circuit has been on my task list for a long time. I haven't been able to do it yet, partly because of lack of experience, partly because of lack of time. Therefore I am looking for someone who has more experience with Spice than I have, and could help me.

The circuit is an I/V converter for current output DAC, it can be used also for head amplifier for MC phono cartridge. The circuit works on workbench and it works quite well. Here it is:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...s-valve-output-stage-lundahl-transformer.html

Anyone willing to do the simulation, please contact me in PM.