Speaker for ROCK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The enclosure design PE lists for the 15PW3 is 6 cu.ft. with two 4" diameter port tubes, 1.58" long. My plan for the box is rectangular 21" wide x 48" tall x 11" deep. The driver will mount on the front 21" wide baffle at the very top edge so as to be close to the mid in the 901 and the vents will be at the bottom as close to the floor as possible. Is there anything wrong with these dimensions? Offset the woofer left or right some? I'll also run a vertical holey brace from top to bottom to support the driver, baffle and rear panel.

I think I've found a source for Baltic Birch close to me so 3/4" is what I'll use. Double the thickness of the baffle? Recess the driver into the baffle?

Hi,

Since I started that thread I wanted to tell you where I was at with this project.

I finally decided to built a 3 way without pro-drivers. The drivers will be ; Woofer : Peerless 850146, the mid : TB W5-704D and the tweet Dayton ND20FA-6

Just like here I got some great help from the Quebec Audio Video web site, here is the link in the DIY section.

http://www.quebecaudio.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19476&pid=243742&st=125&#entry243742

Best regards,
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.