Speaker for ROCK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
No problem. Luckily I had saved the parameters.

Here's how my shop speaker models with 70 watts:

Attachments

• 117.png
    117.png
    51 KB · Views: 382
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I have 2 here from my original buy and I'm going to get 2 more to put together a pair of open baffle "subs". I'll use 2 per side and Unibox gives me a good looking result. Power needs to be kept low, to avoid over excursion but with 2, the sensitivity goes up giving me 110db at 20 watts.

Looks pretty good to me:

Attachments

• 117.png
    117.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 340
MJL21193 said:
If you want a cheap, really good bass driver consider this one.
I found 4 of these at Goodwill and it took some time to find out who made them. I measured the T/S specs and they are very good for OB and ESPECIALLY good for acoustic suspension.

I built a pair of speakers for my workshop with 2 of these:

Picture196.jpg

Boxes are 25" high, 19" wide and 15" deep.
Give the kind of bass that hits you in the chest. Excellent power handling too in this small box.

The Source doesn't ship outside of Canada. Might someone know if these are available for purchase and delivery in the US?

I'm still shopping for a 15" or even 12" Pro style woofer like those in MJL21193's 3-way. I wanna use a pair per side in a front/rear push-push enclosure that my 901's will sit atop. As I will listen to these while standing up, I'm gonna make them about 48" tall which will put the mids just below ear level. The front woofer will be mounted as high as possible so as to be as close as possible to the front mid on the 901. The rear woofer will be just below it so its not a perfect push-push but will allow the enclosure to be less deep.

Can anyone suggest/recommend a Pro style 12" or 15" woofer available in the US? I'd like to have the option of crossing them higher than a sub, up around 300hz or so. 8ohm so they can be wired parallel and only need in the 75watt into 4ohm range per channel. They will have their own amp. The enclosure can be sealed, vented, OB but will need to be around 21"wide x 12"deep x 48"tall which will give me roughly 6 cu.ft. internal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.