Soundstream Class A 5.2 Won't Power Off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, after installing the Airbass accessory the switch on the board must be set to ON. Never set it to ON if the accessory is not installed.

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/rubican/ca52102/RubCA52102.pdf

The Hawkins is basically an adjustable boost and high pass.
If set to 30 Hz I believe the high pass will start around 20 Hz. I don't know the slope.
Yes I have used it, but currently I have the switch set to subsonic filter and turned all the way up to 30 Hz as my subs don't do much below 40 Hz anyway. I don't know the slope for this either.

Which subs are you using ?

Sounds good. What does "I could dial things a bit more" mean ?
Your system needs more tuning ?
In that case you should definitely try Hawkins.
Set the switch to HAWKINS and turn the frequency pot all the way counter-clockwise to 30 Hz.
Play some music with extremely low (frequency) bass.
Gently turn the frequency pot clockwise until you can hear the lowest of frequencies disappearing (due to the high pass of the Hawkins). Now turn the Hawkins back a notch, just enough so that you can hear the lowest of frequencies again. Now use the boost pot to enhance the lower sub frequencies while not enhancing the higher sub frequencies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.