Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
dvv,

BTW, Teflon burns at a pretty low temp and gives off Hydrogen Cyanide gas.

SY can speak to this authoritatively, but I don't think you get HCN (there would be a whole lot of dead people if you did!). Some Carbon Tetrafluoride is mentioned on one site as a consequence of overheating (but they misspell -fluoride, which does not add confidence). Then there is Perfluorooctanoic acid, which is used in the manufacture of Teflon but Dupont insists you get much more of it from other sources than your nonstick cookware.

Last edited:
So called Kremlin Tablet, or Sibirium was designed in our laboratory. The lady who lead the project sat in the same room where I designed my microwave alarm system (Doppler-based miniature radar).

Sibirium - ATK Medical

Initially she wanted to use Teflon (Russian name Ftoroplast-IV), but her medical co-authors from Tomsk State University Clinic denied that. The explanation was, it produced Fosgen, a lethal gas that was used in military mass-murder bombs. I don't know how it could produce anything in human digestion system where temperature can't reach 260 degrees C, but the fact is that when heated it indeed produces lethal gas. Knowing that I never used Teflon pottery.

By the way, I am still wandering, if that pills are disposable, or can be reused. :D
Probably, for Soviet high-ranked officials they were disposable: they did not count money, the same way as military. But is there a demand for such pills for ordinary people?

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
Initially she wanted to use Teflon (Russian name Ftoroplast-IV), but her medical co-authors from Tomsk State University Clinic denied that. The explanation was, it produced Fosgen, a lethal gas that was used in military mass-murder bombs.

Well if that's an alternate spelling for phosgene, we're back in the transmutation biz again, in this case needing chlorine :)

...would also require elements to transmute. I'm doubting that. :D

We did not know then that the device had being designed for Kremlin Elders who had digestive problems, but I believe medical doctors who participated in the project knew that, so any precautions were valid. :D

Well if that's an alternate spelling for phosgene, we're back in the transmutation biz again, in this case needing chlorine :)
Plenty of chlorine acid in the stomach, no? :D

Last edited:
The 10,000 degree thing as well. If you wanted to resist that temperature (which is way off for a re-entry temperature), you wouldn't even think about a polymer- that exceeds any carbon-carbon bond energy.

We used to certify AD590's for the shuttle program, as silly as it gets, NIST traceable to three triple-points via platinum RTD's with TC's expanded to 5 terms in T. They certainly fail by 200C.

Wonder what the tankers were for then? Nasty stuff to have around. Some precursor? Something else totally?

Yes, I bought some pottery that is made of multiple layers of stainless steel and one layer of porous Titanium.

Edit: Oops, I misunderstood your question, I thought you were asking about alternatives...

Last edited:
As you just said, they is a demand from millions. No cure has been produced. Therefore:
There is demand for something that is not yet produced.

1. There is a demand for, (that is, sales of), treatments and cures that are supplied.

2. There is a desire for treatments and cures that do not exist. But since these things do not exist, there is no demand for, (sales of), them.

3. In the light of 1. and 2. it's possibly reasonable to think a new anti-cancer product will generate demand (sales), if supplied.

We rarely had indecent speakers at the astronomy colloquia, although the always-entertaining astrophysicist Virginia Trimble came close at times (I remember one talk where she indicated a portion of a plot and said "and in this region the equation of state goes soft").

We did have one frequent attendee from the math dept. though, name of Alda, who sported mesh dresses and didn't wear undergarments. She sat in the front row, and often the speakers got a bit distracted.

This is worthless without pics ..... :p

Abraxalito has a vision, and I assume he has done, or will have done the solid work.

The work was not really to create the vision, more rather to uncover it. It was a discovery rather than an invention. There's plenty more 'work' to be done but I prefer to call it fun to be had.

I know far too little about his type of work to make any meaningful comments.

Yep, but then you rather go on to say that you've been down the road yourself. Which from the way you describe the marketing process it does rather seem that you haven't. You described (not in the post I'm replying to here, but in an earlier one) the traditional marketing 'push' process. I'm relying on marketing pull. Huge difference in approach, chalk vs cheese. The debate over whether supply creates demand or the other way around an important aspect of that difference - highlighted by Wavebourn's mentioning about the Walkman.

Status
Not open for further replies.