Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Okay, let's try to stay on topic now. You've had your fun.

For the record, I am a member of timenuts and have bought from that club, and it has benefited my audio lab directly. Lots of really good information and some truly nice individuals.

I am a moderator. But when we post, we are posting as individuals. A moderator is just a regular member with a lot of extra work to do. We love this place and our members and do our best to make it a better place. When we are posting as an official moderator, we use the :cop: symbol to let you know and we are clear about where the post is coming from. The only thing we have in common is a desire to help our members and the site. We are individuals with different viewpoints (which we discuss to come to a consensus).

Members may not always agree with a decision, but it is one that we feel is fair and in keeping with our rules and spirit of this place.

I'm not going to jump on Scott, but commenting on moderation is not allowed. You may or may not agree with us, but we are doing our best.

So that is the straight scoop on me and moderators in general. You can always message the team or a moderator privately if you have an issue.

-Chris

Our knowledge is very limited, I know.

Who is "our"? I was clearly referring only to you, since your daily job profession, reading your posts, is only IT. The oscillator work, is purely hobby and incidental, hence limited.

The fact that you must use other forum members posts regarding me, is a new proof. But Gerhard spoke for himself, not in your name. Is there any power of attorney which I can read?

I demand public excuses and deletion of all your damaging and not respectful replies to me, or else I can ask that you prove them.

Notice the available quantities ;)

Or is there a specific variant that will be restocked at Digikey soon? I have been looking for another STM32 (STM32F405RGT6) for a few months now without success.

It's STM32G071C8T6. Worldwide shortage, ridiculous lead times. I should have expected to burn one and bought a few extra when I got the parts for that damn measurement setup. The board is finished, but there is no micro (and thus no ADC).

:violin: :RIP:

LCSC has 2k+ pieces of STM32G070CBT6 in stock which is LQFP-48, but no idea if it fits your requirements?

Edit: I see, no STM32G071C8T6 anywhere. Just like STM32F405RGT6 and so many others... best chance to get one of the F405s is buying a chinese breakout board and desoldering it ;)

The STM32F405RGT6 used to be readily available and fairly cheap with JLCPCB's assembly service, so I decided to use it in a design. But when I wanted to go ahead and have it assembled, they were all gone...

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi rfbrw,
Well, in general, but I get your point!

Andrea, no I wasn't talking to you specifically. It seemed like some folks needed a reminder as to what a moderator is and does.

Sorry to hear you need a chip peufeu. If I had one you could have had it for what I paid for it. At these prices, I completely understand why you didn't buy more than you actually needed (at the time). The sad thing is, I bet there are at least 10 sitting around in drawers as engineering samples.

-Chris

You can contest whatever you want, I care less than zero about your opinion since you aren't in the list of the smart guys I have posted.

However we have learned anything here, we cannot learn from someone who has miserably failed in building an oscillator.

We have never claimed to have made anything up, so before you throw up your rants read carefully what was written a long time ago, for your info:

Unlike you and syn08 (who failed miserably) we are humble people.
Humble people don't post things like "since you aren't in the list of the smart guys I have posted.", "we cannot learn from someone who has miserably failed in building an oscillator.", "so before you throw up your rants".

You don't know my age.

I don't give lessons to anyone, at the same time I cannot take lesson from you.

It's not me who has to observe a minimum of decency, tell this to those who continue to insult the members of this forum (and also to those who copy and paste the insults).

About my co-developer Roberto A., please ask Gerhard if you are so interested.

I swear, it’s not just the budget that’s unlimited, but the pity party too!

You’re the only member here throwing around ad hominem arguments Andrea.

Not legally true in the US. The purpose of a 'business' is to make money, at least most of the time. An activity that never profits, or does not profit enough, is by IRS definition a 'hobby.' Andrea's expenditures on test equipment and other tools make verses any income from groupbuys makes his activity very unlikely to pass the test of being considered a business, at least in the US.
Profitable business would be called successful business, money losing business would be called unsuccessful business. Both are business.
should include a lot of efforts to position ourselves beyond any marketing BS arguments and their typical callousness approach.
Are you aware of Mark's main reason for joining this forum in 2016? If not, search / read some of his posts early on and then 17th December 2019 post.

Status
Not open for further replies.