sound deadening a bedroom?? need ideas.. lol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Notorious said:

From what I saw on that sketch you made, your speaker stageing is a disaster.. :bawling: I never saw anybody having worst setup ever in my entire life.. And if you didn't hear difference in sound when you switched phase of your speaker, than or your whole system is nothing at all, or there is something seriously wrong with your hearing...
I swear I really don't mean to be mean or unfriendly to you, but joining this forum I was expecting from you to know much more about basics of sound... :xeye:

:rolleyes: which one are you complaining about? the first diagram, or the second? if you were following this thread at all, you would see that I have rearranged stuff as best I can.... the speakers ARE rubbish... theres no arguing with that... common, seriously, all I asked was how to have my mum to complain about a room full of bass... I didn't need to be told my speaker positioning was terrible...

Guss said:
I don't think it's a question of knowledge at all, and let's be realistic, he's in the right place to ask for help ! Cmon he got no room to set an high end listning spot...

EDIT : Or I've miss it or it was not mentionned, where's your listing position ?

listening position is generally the computer desk (chair) or ma bed....
roddyama said:
Here you go Skinny.

ahh, yeah, thanx.... I had that for a while, except the speakers weren't facing towards me.. they were facing down the bed.... also, I am sleeping with my head at the other end of the bed. :p lol, and I am taller than that... lol

Are wall brackets out of the question? As this is not for critical listening and the speakers are not very good then why not mount em on the walls (thats if they are standmount), either side of the window as close to ear level as possible pointing into the bed, that way you could get at least something of a soundstage and the speakers are not now near the door, although they fire towards it.

Summit like this.....

Attachments

• room.jpg
    room.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 56
If you think your mum's giving you a hard time, try learning to play something like a lead guitar or a drum set.

That will help put things into perspective... I promise!

You looked kind of lonely on that bed, I was going to use some CGI to magic Christina Aguilera onto it but I lost the urge when I realised I couldn't do it in paint. Also, staring at Christina Aguilera half naked for a few minutes put me off thinking about your speaker problems. :bawling: I'm sorry dude! :)

Seriously though, I play the guitar and I literally have had every single person near my house complain about the volume before I ever even have the volume over 5. If you knew me in person, you'd know that I am an unusually kind person, but when people who can't even play an instrument begin explaining sound related problems to me, I get ever so slightly psychotically enrgaed; having spent everyday for the last few years looking at instrument related gear and all.

A lot of guitarists have problems with volume levels and they are usually using relatively inexpensive gear, compared to the amps audiophiles build. As a result, the answers to the volume levels must also be as equally inexpensive. A good suggestion I heard was to hang, or attach, cheap carpet to the walls or doors you want to deaden. Carpet stores would probably sell you roll off-cuts, from carpets they've laid, quite cheaply.

I was thinking about perhaps moving my guitar amp into the loft, where it there is a nice thick mat of fibre glass under it to stop the noise moving so easily through the house.

I'm going to move to a remote part of the country-side at some point and, in doing so, make none stop rocking possible. :D

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.