Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I do like Grimberg does regarding fuses. Recommended.

Another question: Are PCBs of the original "Part 2" amplifier available? The one with the double amount of VFETs compared to the kit? PCBs or Gerberfiles?

Regds

Thanks to you and Grimberg for your reponses.

Re PCB: Tea-bag has a design and GB going on right now:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...ersion-2-al-boards-tea-bag-3.html#post4884995

However, I'm also very intrigued by Nagini's response here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/276711-sony-vfet-amplifier-part-2-a-85.html#post4559523

Dennis

Thanks all for comments!
+ The XLR jacks just connect pin 2 (HOT) and pin 3 (COLD), not use pin 1 (GROUND) => without ground loop.:p
+ The schottky rectifier is 40A and 45VDC reverse so the Vf is very low => just a little warm when running:cool:
+ I use only one 3A fuse in this amp;)
+ About the PCB: my first PCB from bad PCB maker so now I order from another PCB maker with higher quality: 2mm thick, 2 OZ copper and gold plate. I just build some PCBs for my friends and send to two members in this forum as a gift, not for sale. This is the design and copyright by Mr Pass so I can't public if I have no approve from him:p

Thanks all for comments!
+ The XLR jacks just connect pin 2 (HOT) and pin 3 (COLD), not use pin 1 (GROUND) => without ground loop.:p
+ The schottky rectifier is 40A and 45VDC reverse so the Vf is very low => just a little warm when running:cool:
+ I use only one 3A fuse in this amp;)
+ About the PCB: my first PCB from bad PCB maker so now I order from another PCB maker with higher quality: 2mm thick, 2 OZ copper and gold plate. I just build some PCBs for my friends and send to two members in this forum as a gift, not for sale. This is the design and copyright by Mr Pass so I can't public if I have no approve from him:p
Again, very nice build.
So, the XLR is used as a single ended connector just replacing the RCA.
Where do you obtain the tantalum resistors?

Regds
/RK

Thank you very much. Although my eyes are still very good, I must admit I remember you wrote about using tantalum in an earlier post. In you earlier build the silver (or natural alu) finished chassis.
I bought tantalum resistors from Erno Borbely earlier - for a RIAA. Twenty years ago.

/RK
In the previous Sony VFET P2, I used Audio Note tantalum non-magnetic, this amp just using the normal Audio Note tantalum:cool:
There is another tantalum resistor, that is Shinkoh and I think it's good;), you can follow this link:
Shinkoh Tantalum Resistors | Hifi Collective