Something to say.......Anything!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perpetual Motion Machine:

One set of very strong magnets arranged in a circle (like used in home made wind generators). This is a stationary set. A second set of magnets set in a same diameter circle has one (or more) fewer magnets. This disk is mounted on an axel (output shaft) concentric with the firest and is allowed to rotate. In between the two sets of magnets is a set of rotating Mu metal shields with openings in them. These disks are geared to the output shaft. As the output shaft rotates, the windows in the shields open and close in such a manner that there is always one set of ajacent magnets in a configuration to attract each other, and another set is alligned to repel each other. The attraction and repulsion are such that they apply force in the same rotational direction.

An additional set of Mu Metal shields with no openings can be inserted to block all repulsion/attraction (On / off switch).

She was serious. She had read something about perpetualmotion on the web.

In a perverse way, what I propose sounds like it could work. Losses would be in the bearings and gears.

I suspect that if such a device were built, it would run for a while. However I expect the energy to make it work would come from demagnatizing the magnets.

"Nothing To Say"

Everyday there's someone asking
what is there to do?
Should I love or should I fight
is it all the same to you?
No I say I have the answer
proven to be true,
But if I were to share it with you,
you would stand to gain
and I to lose.
Oh I couldn't bear it
so I've got nothing to say.
Nothing to say.

Every morning pressure forming
all around my eyes.
Ceilings crash, the walls collapse,
broken by the lies
that your misfortune brought upon us
and I won't disguise them.
So don't ask me will I explain
I won't even begin to tell you why.
No, just because I have a name
well I've got nothing to say.
Nothing to say.

Climb a tower of freedom,
paint your own deceiving sign.
It's not my power
to criticize or to ask you to be blind
To your own pressing problem
and the hate you must unwind.
So ask of me no answer
there is none that I could give
you wouldn't find.
I went your way ten years ago
and I've got nothing to say.
Nothing to say.

She was serious. She had read something about perpetualmotion on the web.

In a perverse way, what I propose sounds like it could work. Losses would be in the bearings and gears.

I suspect that if such a device were built, it would run for a while. However I expect the energy to make it work would come from demagnatizing the magnets.

No clearly it must be tapping the "zero point" energy. :D

Car shopping for women 101.

My brother's GF looked at this pic once and actually said:

That's not fair, we like other colours too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 1.12.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 1.12.05 PM.png
    677.1 KB · Views: 91
As I was changing the Magenta in the large format printer at the college I work at, the instructor asked me why we never have to replace the white ink? I don't think I have ever made the face again that I made at that point. She was obviously under qualified to be teaching the Graphics program.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.