Something to say.......Anything!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
If we are looking,

For planets outside the solar system that could have life. Then wouldn't life on other worlds do the same. Some should be billions of years older than us that have been looking far longer than us.

We hope to get contact with other life, however other life hasn't contacted us.

Do we assume that there is no one to contact?

Regards
M. Gregg

Found out a local Dentist that had been "working" on our sons weird tooth, for over 1 year now, turned out to be a total hack. The job she did was unnecessary, wrong & "mythical". As a result, my son needs his jawbone "restored" & a bridge set-up. We're suing, malpractice, fortunately all dentists require malpractice insurance.........I guess I should have known better...her office is a walled off room to her house.....& she's some 60+ yrs old.
Lawyer says it's an open & shut case. I just hope she doesn't croak by the time this process is all said & done.
_______________________________________________Rick.............

Atrocious Rick, I feel very sympathetic for you and especially for your son who has still to go through a lot more.

The tragedy of negligence insurance claims is that the company will not often settle without ensuring that you as claimant have run up considerable legal costs. Their wager is that it is more likely that you will stop the claim at some point below the obvious minimum court award. I have had this recently where I sued a lawyer for a sum which was little more than the direct ascertained and paid costs I had had to pay as a result of his direct, open and shut negligence.

It took three years, involved a further £30,000 legal fees and expert witness fees, when they had no chance whatsoever of winning. It cost them at least £50,000 to fight - knowing that they would lose - if it went to court. They were betting that we would withdraw....we didn't and once the court hearing was scheduled they settled. Lawyers made about £100K in total between them. I got my actual expenditure +£1500compensation + costs. It - in all - took nearly three years to close the matter. An added complication is that almost 100% of professional indemnity cover in Scotland is handled by an offshoot of a massive US firm...Marsh. They do play rough.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Why do I always make fun of my misery?

Both fun and misery are a state of mind,

But some how it doesn't make it any easier to know that.

After health and wealth the two are just a state of mind.

However we strive to be happy, trouble is not many people ever achieve this because they don't know what they need to achieve.:D

ie we are all looking for "something" trouble is nobody seems to be able to identify it.
Perhaps its because everyone around us needs to be happy so we can find it?

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Shi7 meet fan

Well, 12 years of marriage is about to be terminated.

I was hoping to wait until my step granddaughter turned eighteen next March but that is out the window now.

We took custody of my wife's granddaughter going on three years ago due to her fathers abuse and mothers inability to care for her. The granddaughter and I get along fine and I'm glad to be able to help her. She has gone from the bottom 10% of her class to making As and Bs during the time we have had custody.

I took the granddaughter to her dentist appointment today, as I did last Friday.

I'm expected to work, cook all the meals, do dishes, do my own laundry, all the towels and bed linen in the house, and clean.

My wife's main contribution is to drive the granddaughter to school a couple times a week (I take her the rest as I am giving her driving lessons).

She spends most of her time browsing the internet and on her facebook page.

I've recently found on her facebook page that she is sending money to people she meets in the internet.

That is the last straw.

Disclaimer: I'm an unmitigated A$$hole and my opinion is biased.

Ohhh,

sounds like you really have something to say...well yes I do..

Go on then...well Antwan Rockamora,
He fell out of a window...well that's one way of putting it..another would be he was pushed out..and another he was pushed out by Marsellus because of you.
Who told you that?....They!....They talk a lot don't they!
"Truth is, nobody knows why Marsellus threw Tony out of that fourth-story window except Marsellus and Tony. When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle." :D

And the film is?

Thanks Greg
In the same vein... "Bang Bang that awfull sound, Bang Bang he hit the ground"
Similar gengre I think it may be the same director. This one is also not for the faint of heart.

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.