Software Crossover/Equalizer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lemmy see, win7 64, error window guided me to some file, only thing whitch seemed to stand out was; system.dll not found exeption or something like that. Checked .net installed, only 1 and 1.1 not there. (if the system.dll has anything to do with it, perhaps some antimalware program deleted it, dunno.)

On to second computer, win8.1 32 bit, fresh install, there just nothing happend, didn't look further. Perhaps some other people will chime in telling there ain't no problems at all and it's just me ;)

System.dll has nothing to do with it; it seems to be a part of Cisco secure desktop or something like that..
Anyways, I try to sort this out, and did an install on another Win 7 64 bit machine, and no problems. Tomorrow I'll do some test with win 8, will post results.

Checked @ work on win 8.1 64, seemed to work fine (for what I did test, the exe and configuration), must be something on my computers at home, jriver, asio4all or whatever, I have no idea.

tnx anyway, this seems like it could be a lot of fun to play and experiment with.

SXQ quality and maturing

I am interested in watching this project mature.

I've been looking for a good software solution for digital crossover / EQ to run on windows for years. Without paying an arm and a leg...

Do not expect too much maturing. Don't let it hold you back either. I have it working for a while now with a simple Creative USB 6 channel thingie in a tri amp setup, and its fine with me. In fact I am amazed by the quality of the sound, did some testing with etg generated 1 kHz tone etc. and found SXQ to have clear audibly less distortion than my DCX. That is probably due to the overdesigned SRC and PLL of SXQ. Hardware DSP's are prone to jitter because of the SPDIF receiver PLL that tegenerates bit clock, and the inevitable SRC usually has 27 taps and 12 bit coefficients, SXQ has 64 taps and 64 bit coeffs. And the SXQ PLL loop filter output has a rate of change way lower than 3 Hz, so no jitter. I will only fix severe bugs mentioned here and leave it at that for now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.