Smaller Leach Amp V1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: parts

jleaman said:

I could still do a parts group buy but i have yet to get any document's at all for parts.. Id like to see a parts list. And now i can comment too.. I have past experiance and could do this next round alot better. : O )

J'

Great, should we use the same wiki where people already somewhat confirmed whether they want parts or not? Maybe another table on that same page to confirm? If so, I'll make the changes.

Boards

Hi All,

Shoot I do nto have the time to read the whole thread as I need to go out soon. I been very busy and also seems I missed this thread as a result. (:) (:) Seems I missed the boat on this 3 pair verion of Jens Leach Amp Design. True??? I suspect yes. Any left I might be able to purchase? I will not be back online until about just before midnight 10 July 2005 Toronto, Ontario, Canada time if there is any hope to find out if I can still get in or when next round will be.

Jen,

As always you do great work.

Regards,

John L. Males
Willowdale, Ontario
Canada
10 July 2005 13:43

JensRasmussen said:
I'm downloading digikeys complete catalog right now....
Hopefully I can find all the parts needed in there. I think I send a parts list to someone, I just don't remember who right now.

\Jens

You send that file to me.. Don't send it with any paint on it though. :D

To Jens

I emailed you that long winded dribble the other night and today I have come across this thread. (Which I haven't managed to wade through all yet)

Given my questions do you think that this amp would fit the requirement? What specs do you ALL expect to acheive from this design?

Cheers Ian.

P.S. 1st time on anything like this forum so all please excuse me if I don't get it together like the seasoned campainers for a while.

great to be in such inlightened company!!

Left Over Boards and Few Questions

gengis said:

Keypunch,

Read post #582 carefully, there is 4 boards left if anyone wants them.

Hi Gengis,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry our messages crossed paths. I had some interruptions while composing my posting. It has taken me much longer than expected so I was up to speed before I ask any questions. I also been distracted with a friend in hospital as well.

Here are my questions:

1) There are only 4 boards left, not 6 as was possible?

2) Cost of boards and shipping to Toronto?

3) What is the power rating for 8/4/3 ohm of the 3 pair version of output drivers of this board varient?

4) What VA or calculation do I need to use to determine what a given transformer nedds to be to supply desired load. My understanding is the calculation is different to a MOSFET based amplifier.

5) Where are the PDFs of the board and schematic and gerber files? I like to have these just in case I need to do somehting in the future on own. I am aware the schematic may be same or similar to the 10 device version, but the prior links to the board PDF and schematic PDF no longer work, sadly or I would have downloaded them. As mentioned I was not awaare of this thread so I was not current when the files by Jens was origially posted.

6) Does anyone know where is Canada, ideally Toronto, where I can buy these MJE devices?

Regards,

John L. Males
Willowdale, Ontario
12 July 2005 07:12

Hello All,

I hope to create a webpage for this project soon.

I have no time for real work on this project at the moment (Old house = lots of work), so please don't ask for measurements or other real world results.

This will include:
Schematics (PDF)
Poposed BOM (PDF)
Gerber, Tool and drill files
PDFs of layout and placement

Anything else needed?

\Jens

JensRasmussen said:
Hello All,

I hope to create a webpage for this project soon.

I have no time for real work on this project at the moment (Old house = lots of work), so please don't ask for measurements or other real world results.

This will include:
Schematics (PDF)
Poposed BOM (PDF)
Gerber, Tool and drill files
PDFs of layout and placement

Anything else needed?

\Jens

1. How about DC values on certain parts of the board? I know you don't want to measure a real world board, but you must have an idea of some DC voltages at certain spots if the thing is built right and working. These would be very helpful to verify operation.

2. How about a board connection diagram-- not sure what the 2 tiny boards at the bottom do, maybe also where to connect xformer and speakers, ground and such.

3. Should we start a Leach Build Wiki like the Krell Building Guide Wiki?

Check out the krell one-- its very helpful and informative

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.