Smaller Leach Amp V1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Yes!

jleaman said:

Are people interested in a group buy ?

lgreen said:

The wiki shows that there is a desire for 20 sets of parts.

Wiki link

Are people interested in parts! Yes!

For myself, I would not have got the board without the promise of parts.

So, yes! lets do a GB of parts, or at least of all parts that are economically obtainable.

According to the WIKI, the boards are going to arrive around June 11. A decision needs to be made about the parts group buy that was mentioned long ago. Will this happen or not?

Please remember that the protection resistors are still to be defined. I have no time at the moment, all my spare time is spend reovating my house....

A place to start could be the original values as per Mr. Leach (The main man!)

Other then that parts can be the same as for my 10 transistor leach (Remember to recalc the resistors for different rails in the input to set the right Qpoint for the two (four) input transistors)

\Jens

You guys must be getting excited waiting for the boards. Lets see some pics when ya get them. Wish I had placed an order. Any chance of another buy?

I also have a questgion - what would happen if this amp was run on 45 Volt Rails? Would it be just the protection resistors that control current limiting that would need to be changed - or would there be other changes that would be required?

Good work Jens, very tidy.

Got the boards

News, news, get them while hot off the press!!!

I received the boards today.
Took some pix, but they are too large to post.

Anyone has a web site and willing to put them up in the site?

The boards will be package and ship over the next week or so, down the list.

There are 4 extra boards currently (maybe 6, depending on certain someone's actions), any takers?

Boards and Parts

I'm wondering why the boards have not been seperated??? Time to search for my dremel

If the boards are cut to separate the output devices (assume thats what you mean) wouldn't this cut the traces too? Looks like the traces run the full length of the board. Or are you talking about the tiny pieces at the front-- hey what are those for?

I'm wondering why this would be a question. Don't the thermal boards need to be mounted on the heatsink? they have to be disconnected in order to be mounted. Was the scoring expensive? This seems like something that should have been a no brainer.

Doesn't matter now I suppose. dthe spaces seems large enough, I just use my saw.

So, when will they ship?

Blessings, Terry

Sure it's a no brainer, but there were two issues -

somehow Jens' slots around the thermal boards got lost. Maybe it was the translation to their file format, I don't know.

The PCB house's description of "scoring" made it sound like we would have had a panel of several boards together for machine parts placement with scoring to break them into what we have now. That certainly didn't seem like something to pay extra for to me. I guess Gengis could have spoken with the board house and verified what we were getting, but I would have probably ended up with the same thing being new to board manufacturing speak.

Thanks for taking this buy Gengis.

Like I said in the previous post, that was discussed and decided no scoring was needed.

Boards are 95% packed and I need to check the Paypal and other sources for shipping address.
**Any special accomodation, such as custom declaration, etc; please email me now or forever hold your peace.

Terry,
They are going out on Monday, 7/11/05. And you should have them on Thursday. Everyone in the US should have their boards by Thursday also. Shipping will be ongoing during the week. Tracking and confirmation # will be posted on WIKI.

And shipping will be done by 7/15/05.

Re: parts

lgreen said:
If anyone is doing a parts order, email me (or post) and I'll happily join you.

I could still do a parts group buy but i have yet to get any document's at all for parts.. Id like to see a parts list. And now i can comment too.. I have past experiance and could do this next round alot better. : O )

J'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.