Small full range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
several separate questions to unpack in the first sentence alone, but my own take on the subject would be

1) Yes, I can thing of several "full-range" drivers capable of 80Hz - although not necessarily in a sealed box of reasonable size; What exactly is the problem with vented in your application?
2) On/in wall mounting will certainly reduce if not completely eliminate baffle step loss - whether using a single or multiple full-range drivers or multi-ways, so getting to or below the cut-off frequency for your LFE channel shouldn't be an issue. .
3) By "flat" do yo mean literally flush to the wall - ie. in-wall mounted? The issue there is that with most modern construction standards, there will be very shallow net cavity depth, which can cause coloration issues with lighter coned full range drives, and wall stud locations may interfere with preferred speaker placement .

Multi-channel home theatre was complicated enough before this crazy Atmos thing - past the point of 5.1, I think you really need to be able to be in a position to spend the money and time/space to dedicate the room to the purpose.

several separate questions to unpack in the first sentence alone, but my own take on the subject would be

1) Yes, I can thing of several "full-range" drivers capable of 80Hz - although not necessarily in a sealed box of reasonable size; What exactly is the problem with vented in your application?
2) On/in wall mounting will certainly reduce if not completely eliminate baffle step loss - whether using a single or multiple full-range drivers or multi-ways, so getting to or below the cut-off frequency for your LFE channel shouldn't be an issue. .
3) By "flat" do yo mean literally flush to the wall - ie. in-wall mounted? The issue there is that with most modern construction standards, there will be very shallow net cavity depth, which can cause coloration issues with lighter coned full range drives, and wall stud locations may interfere with preferred speaker placement .

Multi-channel home theatre was complicated enough before this crazy Atmos thing - past the point of 5.1, I think you really need to be able to be in a position to spend the money and time/space to dedicate the room to the purpose.

Thanks for the answer

I am looking for something that it could be match with my front

Actually I have Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 and venere center like a center

I will use a double diy sub Dayton Audio ultimax 15

And I am looking for 8 speaker like surround and Atmos that could be a good matching

Now I am open to suggest

I need something that it will be tiny

I was looking for the indian line tesi q but then I start to tink that maybe i could spend the same money for a better quality in the diy

make something vented it will not a problem but we have to remember that I will use that with 100wat and that it will attach at the wall and at the calling not inside

Do you have suggest for some project?

Thanks

XRK built some wall mounted speakers that looked pretty good. Try a google search VIFAntastich for some ideas

This is esactlay what I am looking for but I wan to have a more good speaker I can reach 50€ for every one or at lost 100€ if the quality it will be amazing

I am little bit afraid the the small visa it will be not enough in my HT

I do not have problem if it will be a full range or a two way this my budget

Thanks

Andrea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.