Slot ported version of The Tango

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2013
Paid Member
[urgent] Slot ported version of The Tango

Just copy the placement I linked for the core 2-way, 3" from top for tweeter and 9" down for the woofer both centered. Baffle should be 8-1/2" wide x 14-15" tall and then as deep as you need to make 0.50/ft3, probably 12" give or take. I know you use MM but you can convert easy enough I hope.

are open baffle speakers really that precise sounding?

Horns are the most precise sounding box speakers and since an OB is an unfolded horn, it's the second most precise within the baffle's passband and no doubt one reason why the pioneers used OB bass with their 50-10 kHz horns: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b4/21/8c/b4218cfcd07d2a4a18390e08fc6108d1.jpg

Few folks use flat, large enough OBs to cover the speaker's entire usable passband, so the room, panel shape degrades its performance to a greater or lesser extent, but will still allow the driver 'to be all they can be' over some portion of the speaker's critical mids passband and why some of us use either wide baffle boxes or add 'wings' to widen them, which also negates the need for baffle step correction [BSC].

GM

Just copy the placement I linked for the core 2-way, 3" from top for tweeter and 9" down for the woofer both centered. Baffle should be 8-1/2" wide x 14-15" tall and then as deep as you need to make 0.50/ft3, probably 12" give or take. I know you use MM but you can convert easy enough I hope.
What's MM exactly? I have a box calculated already so don't worry about that. As long as the spacing between the tweeter and woofer is exact, the sound shouldn't differ. I've already gotten into production with my box so no hell hole way I'm re-bothering that person.

Separate post for le render!

Attachments

• White w shadows.PNG
    White w shadows.PNG
    467.8 KB · Views: 80
Joined 2013
Paid Member
[urgent] Slot ported version of The Tango

Box looks good, you want as little space as possible or reasonable between the Tweet and Woof. Also not the same distance from side to side and top on the tweeter. Looks like you have all that covered. MM was supposed to mean mm (metric) oops.

Box looks good, you want as little space as possible or reasonable between the Tweet and Woof. Also not the same distance from side to side and top on the tweeter. Looks like you have all that covered. MM was supposed to mean mm (metric) oops.

I just used 3" and 9" like the Core2 haha. The core 2 trades the extra bass for a lesser midrange response.

If you need to refer to things like millimeters and kilometers, liters and milliliters: use Metric. inches and Pounds etc are Imperial.

The handy thing about a CAD program is that I can insert <<3">> as input, and it automatically translates that into metric numbers. The system doesn't measure in anything. It just stores. it's only when presented to the user that it translates 1:1 bytepixels to measurements.

I'm so confuzzled. Three miles away there's some sort of electro party with two 15" subs. I can hear that **** thumping till here (open air!). My 12" in the corner on full tilt can't even vibrate the table slightly. What am I doing wrong? :')

Is it the scoop design they use? :p I've heard those horn scoops are like gods for bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.