Single sheet TH challenge

I get mine from PartsExpress.
It comes power coated and isnt much more than what I can purchase locally that isnt.

Mine took so long because of the engraved letters and handles.

These?: Dayton Audio SG2230-8SFL Flat Metal Grill Pair

I like the look, but seems there would be a lot of wasted material... Maybe I'm not looking hard enough...? :confused:

The engraved letters and handles look sharp! Looks like you use a spray gun for the texture. The stack looks mean :devily:

Short day today. I get some more deflectors added and pockets for the handels.

Attachments

• Pictures 002Small.jpg
    Pictures 002Small.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 723
  • Pictures 005Small.jpg
    Pictures 005Small.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 710
Cescendo - yes and no - these are what I use
Dayton Audio SG2230-8RFL Flat Metal Grill Pair
And yes there is plenty of access left over.But since that cost is per pair (2 per box)
makes it close to Lowes/HomeDepot prices. Cheaper if you think about it being powder coated. Plus it looks allot better than the thatched expanded metal those guys (and most others) carry.
And yes I do use a spray gun.
The harbor freight splatter gun. I get cheap exterior black paint. Water it down and roll that on (soaks in). Let it dry. Then do 2 roll on coats followed by a third/fourth spray coating of Duratex.

mrGsr - NEW 3015LF?
The ones I received are no different than the ones prior. I haven't seen a difference since they went to the neodymium.

Hopefully my screws will show up tomorrow and I can put the remaining grills on and do some touch up and take some pics.

Weltersys & 4pyros:

Do you have hornresp FR plots for your enclosures? What drivers are you using? I just made (2) SS15's and found your posts re: more lower freq response w/slight changes and my interest was caught immediately ;)

Hornresp can't properly simulate the Keystone sub's mouth.

The actual response curves are detailed in these posts:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/185588-keystone-sub-using-18-15-12-inch-speakers.html

A horn extender gave a 3 dB average increase in forward gain all the way down to the LF corner:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/184986-horn-extender-wave-guide-th.html

This thread compares the Keystone to a BR cabinet:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/184992-tapped-horn-vs-bass-reflex-case-study.html

Post #749 in this Single sheet Challenge thread gives more explanation of the Keystone mouth shape, which I think may be my (only) original variant on the TH, which has been mistakenly compared to a Karlson.

Although I have been aware of the Karlson since I was a kid (my dad built a pair for the basement extension speakers from plans in the July 1958 Popular Mechanics magazine) , and built a 15" version in high school, the Karlson shape was not optimum for TH use, though it was one of the many (many) mouth shapes I tried before arriving at the Keystone shaped exit.

Art Welter

yeah i saw someone mention it in another thread. and djim simmed the boxes above, there is deff. a difference! from the sims, looks like maybe an inductor may flatten out the response with the new 3015lf?
Maybe you don't have to worry. Actually I think that most measurements and comments you read about the SS15 are coming from 'new' 3015lf versions while the owners don't realise ;-)