Single Full Range Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As for color, I think you're pretty much stuck with what Mark can deliver - the question could be raised at his commercial forum, but I think it's something about consistency of the alloy composition.

I've held off asking this til now - why sealed? The A7.3 shines in vented alignments of anywhere from 8 or so liter bookshelf / standmounter "BR" to Pensil MLTL, to the large Maeshowe BLH, etc, and it seems a shame to constrict what it does so well in the dynamics of upper mid bass by using a tiny sealed box.

Just my opinion, of course

I meant the dampening.. and early reflections? If this would be a big problem though. I'm fine with the colour.

They need to be sealed because they won't need as much volume, this is not a normal project. Please see page 1 for my reasons. I have asked for recomendations for some speakers for a small sealed enclosure but didn't get any. My projects are more visually grounded so the drivers will have to look good too. However I will try my best to get the best sound out of them.

If you know any speakers that would perform great in an enclosure of around 2 liters (sealed or vented) and look good too please let me know.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Fostex FF85WK

The uFonkenWK has a 2 litre net volume. I may have suggested that earlier in the thread.

The enclosure will resemble the shape of a sphere

You would never fit an A7 with its big bezel in a 2 litre sphere, maybe a shallow slice off a sphere if you removed the 2nd magnet.

Even a driver as small as the FF85 would be a challenge. In terms of fitting a driver in such a box something like the Fountek FR88ex might be more appropriate. 2 litre sealed will get you about 120 Hz F3, 70 Hz F10, it has a tiny circular bezel and a small neo magnet. It sounds fine, not up to the FF85wk, and almost the same price.

dave

You're right, I just made a quick sketch for the Alpair 7 and it seems it would actually become around 3 litres in volume. See the photo for the shape of the enclosure. it's not really a sphere, it was just the closest definition I could think of.

The fostex seems like a good idea although I'm not too keen on the design.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 248
Yea well, let's hope this doesn't sound as bad, even though I am most likely going for the Alpair 7.

So I will end up with the alpair 7 in around a 3 liter (bigger than I anticipated) vase/sphere shaped enclosure. Would it be possible to make this into an aperiodic vent enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.