Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Strange.. It works for me.

Some international IP labyrinth glitch maybe. I see this attempt I don't see the previous attempt. Anyways, your graph looks spot on as expected now. If the audio card's input load was say 20K like a hi-fi preamp's we would have seen more contour in the VLF. Audio interfaces are usually HiZ in single ended mode. For instruments DI (direct inject).

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
BTW when cables and loading are the same but the measurement came up better maybe some ground wasn't tight first time around. What audio interface you use? I see you calibrated the levels nicely. Shows real dBV in ARTA. Also what is the rest of the system except Rega RB300 modified Technics SL-1200 series and AT-OC10 old special edition mint state cart?

BTW when cables and loading are the same but the measurement came up better maybe some ground wasn't tight first time around. What audio interface you use? I see you calibrated the levels nicely. Shows real dBV in ARTA. Also what is the rest of the system except Rega RB300 modified Technics SL-1200 series and AT-OC10 old special edition mint state cart?

I think you where spot on Salas. A ground connection on the audio interface had a bad grounding on the return channel when measuring in dual channel mode. The audio interface is Focusrite 4x4 usb. I am really happy with it. I calibrated it about a year ago and it seems to keep the accuracy.

Regarding TT. It is a SL120mk2 so not modified in any way. I bought it late70's or early 80's just before the CD players arrived together with a SME3009 improved. I need some additional weight to be able to use the 3009 toghter with the OC10, but it is on my todo list. Most of my records is from the 60, 70 and 80's The TT works as a "time machine " for me. It is really nice to put on a record. Memories is flowing to my head:) Now with the new phono amp, I need to go through the whole collection again.

I must admit that I have to do an AD-DA conversion on the way to the speakers:eek:. The speakers are diy.. LX521-4 from S.Linkwitz and is driven by 4xHypex Fusion amps (total of 10x nCore channels). The UFSP is connected directly to the Fusions.

On the digital side of music, I am using Macbook/Roon with some Terrabyte of software and Tidal HIFI.

If I really want to go analog all the way, I can pull out my -80's equipment from the closet:D. That includes a pair of Quad ESL63.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Nice active speakers you got there. I thought it was a modded 1200 TT because the picture was close up to the cartridge. The 120 was identical except it came without an arm. The ESL63 electrostatics worth a revisit I guess. To also inspect if they are still going strong or need some maintenance.

A Dali Phono Pre.

IMG_0980.jpg
IMG_0978.jpg

Hi

I'm in the process of building the UFSP and acquiring my first MC cartridge. I use SME 3009 S2 Improved on Thorens TD160. As the arm is only 9,5 grams with adapter, so a high compliance cartridge is prefferred. Looking towards AT-OC9XSH. Does anybody have experience with this cartridge and UFSP? Or some other recommendations?
UFSP I ordered with 2SK369BL matched Quad.