Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Some one asked here about test points connectors for TP1, TP2 and GND...
I used these loops found in Mouser about 2 years ago. Unfortunately, I trashed receipt and do not have P/N. You might find these by picture on eBay...
92200299f6c19eae519e669d85a386b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
C2Y's are now 200pF. Combined with the 15nF C2 cap, that is is what I went for.

Did I make a misstake with those? I did not know this was cartridge dependant....

You never know before testing. 200pF proved bit much in your case so go nothing or lower C2y in any order that is easier for you and judge the balance now that you are somewhat familiar with the integration in your total system room included

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Maybe those AMCH are doctored polypropylene "tone" caps to soften the usual rough edges in many systems but not needed in yours or its just the value that does the slight softening business, you will know in practice. Don't destroy their pins when pulled maybe they will come handy in combination with the Clarity C3 or not. Change the Orange Drop C3 when time comes, but put pins for C2y so you can experiment without lifting the boards with empty, polystyrene, AMCH. Even without pins the pads are plated through so you can just touch solder and the connection will be complete to both layers.