Simplistic NJFET RIAA

No.

I have changed my thinking/belief/opinion whenever I am presented with the fact/s that show I am wrong.
I related just recently the story about db vs dB, as an example.

I don't religiously follow all your posts, Andrew - so I am not aware of this Damascene conversion of yours. But as I recall (it's been over 4 decades since I did undergraduate physics), there are 2 different models for thinking about electromagnetic radiation:
* one is 'wave theory',
* the other is 'particle theory'.

They are fundamentally different - but they each explain certain aspects of electromagnetic radiation.

It seems to me that you and me are simply taking similarly different views about music signals.

Regards,

Andy

Andyr, EMC is about reducing noise. Noise can be measured. Andrew's recommendations come from EMC professionals who measure noise, change something, measure noise, test it again, and so on for as long as it takes. What more could you want? Unless you are talking about a kind of noise that can't be measured, in which case EMC is the wrong solution to begin with.

Hi all, thank you for all your advises. I have single ended configuration (unbalanced RCA), so Pin 1 is irrelevant.
LL7904 is also not good -> $$$. So, I'll try from simple setup with resistors, then I'll go for Hammond 140QEX (also not cheap, but less than LL).
Now about NTE1 from Neutrik? $9.

NTE1 - Neutrik

Found some small audio transformer in local surplus store ($0.50 price paid). Tested it and already installed it. Works fine! Can’t hear any alterations. Whole system is quite now and GND loop hum free.

Attachments

• Trany.jpg
    Trany.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Hi Nick,
Yes, it is solved!!! :D

I set Linkwitz by calculation of cutoff to 15Hz for -6dB. That helped to remove all subsonic frequencies.
Then, I moved sub to a new location and that completely removed the phenomenon.
Beautiful sound now.
After sub calibration, I have tight and powerful bass coming from mid of my speakers area. Very focused and big stage depth.

So and to finalized all:
you were right !!! and my woofing flipping effect issue was acoustical coupling from my sub to my cartridge.
It is like source of sound gave a wave and cart behaved like a microphone to catch it. Plus subsonic frequency….
Trough amplification, it got like closed loop till seismic stage.

I’m happy that these issues are resolved and thank you and all forum guys. Without you would be very difficult to resolve it quickly.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Alex(kosha) has a contact in the US which can be cheaper than average but I don't know the round trip length. Alex, can you advise the guys? In Europe, NWA (Northwest Analogue) has good rep but UK services are normally not the cheapest in general. Better ask directly.

Alex(kosha) has a contact in the US which can be cheaper than average but I don't know the round trip length. Alex, can you advise the guys? In Europe, NWA (Northwest Analogue) has good rep but UK services are normally not the cheapest in general. Better ask directly.

Hi all, I used that guy from Bellevue, WA about 3 month ago. It's relatively cheap and I like the results very much. In my case, he replaced both: tip and coil. 3 weeks full service.
Phono Cartridge Repair