Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I know a lot of people with SL1210 turntables change the cables, considering them not up to the standard of the rest of the wonderful deck. I used to love my SL1200. The arm is good too. I'm on a DIY Lenco these days though, with a terminator style linear tracker I've nearly finished.

He has 1710. I think there is some form of suspension involved.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Ah well I didnt wanna wait so I did some quick and dirtys so I can listen to it when I build the rest.

Putting them in boxes needed some 50 mV adjustment again on VR2. Even without full enclosure (no lid) there is hardly any hum to mention. I can hear some 100 Hz in right with ear in cone. Left is dead hum free.

Gain is about one quarter of pot setting less then my Focusrite Scarlett. Bass is impressing from start. Overall sound is nice, after first record.

I set the load switch to 6K51 from start. I guess I need to read up on needle pressure etc now to tune it in.

I found only one screw to fasten the puppy with. The ones that were was to long. And I couldnt find my record brush:p

Whatever. Cool start:)

Sorry for the bad pic, holding cam with one hand.

Attachments

• FSP live 002 (3000x2000).jpg
    FSP live 002 (3000x2000).jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 233
  • FSP live 003 (3000x2000).jpg
    FSP live 003 (3000x2000).jpg
    567 KB · Views: 237
  • FSP live 004 (3000x2000).jpg
    FSP live 004 (3000x2000).jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 232
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Worked even better when I didnt use max needle pressure. Cart chassie was touching the vinyl:D

Oh. Scary resolution. Feels like gain is coming to. Maybe cappys needs some softeninng. Turning knob down every minute
The suspension was depressed and output went down. Watch the cart, take it easy with TT set-up. After all is well checked try about 3K load switch point too.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
The suspension was depressed and output went down. Watch the cart, take it easy with TT set-up. After all is well checked try about 3K load switch point too.

Yes no wonder. I had it apart for some greasing some time ago, prolly I just left the arm for max stability.

Cant see the stylus weight on my cell but I sure need one thanks.

Impressive with that little disturbances in open chassie. Theres a bad over dimensioned trafo some 40 cm away and it stands right under the deck trafo.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Maybe the cart itself or the TT wires pick a bit of fields too. Later when all is dressed and put properly its possible even little hum traces will nearly vanish.

I'm planning to laminate top and bottom with grounded alu/steel/alu with insulation inbetween. Id be surprised if anything gets in. Final placement is further away from trannys. Sure looks promising:)