Simplistic NJFET RIAA

What is FSP? It takes very high overload to turn the LED on, otherwise it's more likely something's wrong. If the KM wasn't broken, I've only lit the LED by accidentally shorting the output momentarily.

Hi kean. The led stays lit when i plug the Kmult to the phono board. When i use a 560r resistor at its output it just flashes. Gonna recheck today for faults

Edit: I used 4007 instead of 4004 diodes. Does this affect performance?

Last edited:
Experimenting with keantoken's Kmultiplier today. Using the probably fake SA1306 and BC550C (waiting for Sa1930 and BC337-25 to arrive). I noticed that the sound was much better when i replaced the input 330uf BG with a 1000uf Silmic. Probably 330uf was too low of a value. Output cap is a Pana FC 820uf.
Also did some tweaks on my TT. I placed a very thin layer of blu-tak in the tonearm base and used rubber grommets in the o-ring that the motor is attached. Bass is more defined now and sound is smoother.

Hi skouliki.

I'm just wondering about why the two devices look different?
They will have the same function or did you try to make them "folded"?

Regards

True that. The thought was to be able to connect these to FSP boards without cable, just with a very short wire between connectors

So and in general, that KM should be as much as it can be close to FSP power IN. It is a good news for me since my PSU box is full and Phono box has some space in it. I might build that one too and test it. Then, we will compare results. I hear AC noise from speakers at max volume (can't hear anything at my usually listening volume level). I'm sure it is untreated ripple in DC.
Do you guys test the exact schematic frond at keantoken's site on the top.
Keantoken,
Should we modify there anything for our Folded Simplistic Phono.
I see Skouliki added 1000uF Elna RFS to the input... He added RC when R is umbilical cable parasitic resistance. Right?

Attachments

• KM.jpg
    KM.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 282
I ordered the parts today so it will take into next week before I can test it. I'll use 1000uF since I got it already if it is ok. But if 820uF or any other value is da best - I'll go for it.

Regards

Based on what I see in KM site, 820uF should be very LOW ESR </= 20mOhm.
So, need to use Panasonic FR.
1000uF is input and you can use Elna RFS or Nichicon KZ.
Are you guys agree?

Almost any cap will work and give the same measurements, so it is up to your experience and preference.

Mmmm ... you may well believe this (it's a free world - at least, in the country I live in). :p

Caps may well measure the same ... but do you know what you should be measuring? Certainly, some caps deliver better sound than others! :)

My ranking (for PS caps) is as follows:
* Black Gates ('xept you probly can't buy them any more - I happen to have a stash of 680uF if anyone is interested! :) )
* Nichicon Gold Tune
* Nichicon KZ.

Regards,

Andy

Mmmm ... you may well believe this (it's a free world - at least, in the country I live in). :p

Caps may well measure the same ... but do you know what you should be measuring? Certainly, some caps deliver better sound than others! :)

My ranking (for PS caps) is as follows:
* Black Gates ('xept you probly can't buy them any more - I happen to have a stash of 680uF if anyone is interested! :) )
* Nichicon Gold Tune
* Nichicon KZ.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy.

Would the Nichicon Gold Tune be the same as their FG (Fine Gold) series?

Regards