Simplistic NJFET RIAA

It will go 40C worst case but 50C should be the max even in a heatwave in smallest bad ventilating box.

Hi Salas,
Lucky that I have friend of mine in local machine shop and I'll create more ventilation slots on my top cover. I'll send picture soon.
I also played with C/RC/CRC/CLC PSU simulator in order to monitor ripple effect. Please see attached pictures.
RC in my curent setup makes 1.8V ripple with Vrms equal to 48.1V
CRC is drops ripple to 33mV with Vrms equal to 49.7V.

So, does 33mV still high ripple or it is not sound noise capable level.

Attachments

• Simulation_RC.jpg
    Simulation_RC.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Simulation_CRC.jpg
    Simulation_CRC.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Experimenting with keantoken's Kmultiplier today. Using the probably fake SA1306 and BC550C (waiting for Sa1930 and BC337-25 to arrive). I noticed that the sound was much better when i replaced the input 330uf BG with a 1000uf Silmic. Probably 330uf was too low of a value. Output cap is a Pana FC 820uf.
Also did some tweaks on my TT. I placed a very thin layer of blu-tak in the tonearm base and used rubber grommets in the o-ring that the motor is attached. Bass is more defined now and sound is smoother.

Attachments

• IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 295
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Nice. Did you feel that the Kmultiplier in the raw DC line enhanced the subjective performance evenly besides the other things you did on the TT? R.Cruz had mixed feelings about using the active filter earlier on a p2p folded for instance. What you think?

Really early to tell because i havent really done serious listening yet. I listened for about an hour in low volume so i cannot be sure. Plus i want to use the correct parts as listed by Keantoken. Im getting the parts tommorow so i'll post impressions soon

Edit: If i'll manage to repair my Esi Juli@ i'll do some vinyl ripping with and without kmultiplier and the post the files so you guys can evaluate

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Salas,
Lucky that I have friend of mine in local machine shop and I'll create more ventilation slots on my top cover. I'll send picture soon.
I also played with C/RC/CRC/CLC PSU simulator in order to monitor ripple effect. Please see attached pictures.
RC in my curent setup makes 1.8V ripple with Vrms equal to 48.1V
CRC is drops ripple to 33mV with Vrms equal to 49.7V.

So, does 33mV still high ripple or it is not sound noise capable level.

Use 460R as dummy load in the sim or in real life. Also 2R is larger than life ESR for the 4m7 filter cap. 0.01R maybe. RC is to just drop some Tx excessive voltage there. Further passive filtering you could apply after the output, in the remote main box even. If there is space CLC maybe is better than CRC, but bulky and costs more.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Really early to tell because i havent really done serious listening yet. I listened for about an hour in low volume so i cannot be sure. Plus i want to use the correct parts as listed by Keantoken. Im getting the parts tommorow so i'll post impressions soon

Edit: If i'll manage to repair my Esi Juli@ i'll do some vinyl ripping with and without kmultiplier and the post the files so you guys can evaluate

Alright, interesting to know. Because Kmult is compact, cheap vs quality chokes, burns very little voltage, and could be a viable alternative to those who would want to push the PSU feed quality wise.

Skouliki does the test.

Have you finished all other little things you wanted to do meantime?

Lets summarize: I'm about to finish all what I planed previously.
1. Professionally made Raw DC PCB from TB will be finished this weekend (today, I use my own). I'll add 4700uF cap at front in order to create CRC (4700uF+15R+4700uF). Bunch of 3 Watt Vishays and new MUR120 are coming Friday.
2. 47pF C2Y additions (I have about 15.150uF now) are on its way from Turkey. Shipment from Turkey is always very long. Also shipment from Russia. Some times I think that they still use horses for post office services.
3. Main Power Switch is coming from China in two days or so.
4. Top panel extra drilling (slots) will be finished by my friend this Friday.

The rest is ready and I'm about to start burn-in for about 100 hours with white nose from iPhone app.

In case that Keantoken K Multiplier will be tested and will prof its committed improvements, then I'll add it to my PSU later.

Attachments

• Top cover 2.jpg
    Top cover 2.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 315
Last edited: