Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Go to vinylengine.com and you can either download some for your tonearm, or I think there is a link to a program to generate alignment protractors for any given spindle-to-pivot distance. I say "some" because they have multiple alignment geometries available, if you wish to compare Baerwald vs Stevenson vs Loefgren etc.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37pLkQQjQwQ
Alex did you ever get to see/hear this weird turntable back in the USSR days? What can be in the arm ball? Some floating in silicone oil bearing maybe? Were they making original Soviet technology cartridges also, even MC? I know Melodia records but nothing about TTs of that era. Did they have good quality stuff being produced? That space age like TT does not look below any Dual or Pioneer for the popular sales categories circa early eighties for instance.

And another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HeZO05UUA looks older or cheaper more conventional...

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I've heard that Corvette and held it in my hands. Massive and built like a tank. Of course, like all the stories from soviet era goes "ideas and engineering borrows a lot from military". Anyway, I can't recollect any subjective listening impressions, this being 10 years ago on mid fi system and me being mostly interested by the looks of it.

Another popular electronics "brand" was Радиотехника and as far as I can remember this one was pretty neat machine too ????????????-??-101? (Radiotehnika-101) - YouTube (check out the users blog for more USSR electronics)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I've heard that Corvette and held it in my hands. Massive and built like a tank. Of course, like all the stories from soviet era goes "ideas and engineering borrows a lot from military". Anyway, I can't recollect any subjective listening impressions, this being 10 years ago on mid fi system and me being mostly interested by the looks of it.

Another popular electronics "brand" was Радиотехника and as far as I can remember this one was pretty neat machine too ????????????-??-101? (Radiotehnika-101) - YouTube (check out the users blog for more USSR electronics)

So it was high category. Were there any reminding Thorens or Lenco? Did they ever make suspended subchassis and MC carts?

The song in the ЭП-101С video link you posted played back on LP is almost wickedly corny btw. David Lynch would have loved it.:)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
An SME shape base even...

b1-01_var1a.jpg

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hehe. 365 rubles at the day (70s) was an astronomic price for that machine.

Regarding suspended designs here is one with another somewhat SME cloned arm:

Электроника ЭП-030

Inside Электроника ЭП-030

Here some data for Corvette GZM cartridges (regarded as premium from the ERA):

GZM

Never heard though, but I as the rumours go, prices now are double for what they are worth.

Salas Folded simplistic Phono Preamp

Hi Salas,
Salas folded simplistic phono preamp on test.
I just turned the power on and it work the first time. There is a hum as I have not put it on metal case but the sound is soo good better than the built in preamp of Denon DP-DJ151 tt I used. I temporarily used 2sk170bl as I don't have yet the Denon 103r.
Thanks Salas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 289