Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Hi Alex

I used these for the 4.7uf caps

http://www.hificollective.co.uk/components/mundorf_mkp.html

I also ended up using (after re-measuring:)) one greed LED for the 3 string 5.58V which gets me spot on.

The Cardas solder is superb and great to work with so I’m sure that you are going to be happy with that choice.

Hi shoom,

Thank you for your advice. I'll might order this.
For solder, I used WBT leaded till now and it is an excellent product. However, it is very expansive and I'll probably go for Cardas.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I thought that I had found the cause as one of the interconnects was somewhat loose.With different cables all seemed well until 40mins of listening.The crinkling noise doesn't interfere with the listening only being noticeable when close to the speaker inbetween tracks.

Hi Marra

Had the same issues several times on previous builds. Always found the problems related to cold solder joints.... look for connections between the shunt output and riaa amp... look also at the riaa filter components.

Yes you can use 7.6V matched between channels. Its we got VR2X & VR1 to still bias right in all somewhat different cases.

I do not really understand the function off VR1 ?

Billede 078.jpg

Here is my finnished Build using 2,2 uf 160 V Pept caps instead off the 22 uf.

Touching the box with cover on after 1,5 hour I can not feel it is hot at all. Adjusted to 4 v between. C3 in and Gnd. Adjustement do not change much after the first 5 minutes.

Voltage in is 46 Vdc

Now I am looking forward to hear it somewhere . I do not have a Turntable :)