Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just finished my new v12r.... after listening a bit I found bypassing the output zobel cap (4.7u) with a small 47 styrene to be a major improvement.

More extension in the highs, better transient reproduction and fuller more detailed bass.

For Vref decided on a "soft" cap and the results are outstanding.

Just finished my new v12r.... after listening a bit I found bypassing the output zobel cap (4.7u) with a small 47 styrene to be a major improvement.

More extension in the highs, better transient reproduction and fuller more detailed bass.

For Vref decided on a "soft" cap and the results are outstanding.

This is why I have a DCB1 instead of the final buffer, so the coupling cap can be .1 uF and be of top quality.

Rush

For what? To make a super linear buffer for this open loop some second harmonic climbing with level phono? The B1 type buffer it has suits it better IMO. Its like adding precision optics to a slingshot otherwise.:D

No argument from me. I knew RCruz had been talking of Calvin buffer with Joachim, so i was unsure of how far he had taken it. Other than possibly adding the B1 on the output, like Rush, I see no reason to change anything. Sounds to good.
Your boards are actually soldered. I haev to get a couple 33r resistors to make 43R on output stage Rs and then they will be headed your way.