Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
V check

For the RIAA - it is going to the 57db for my Shelter 901 - I have already matched some 170 BL at about 8.5mA, but I also have a stash of V's. I will measure some and see how many I can match.
Also waiting some teflon capacitors from the states.

Having a stash of V is better to be put in good use. If you can find some circa 15mA to match then you can make your phono in better input noise and interstage drive current. The RIAA values are slightly changed to be adapted and you will not need the 1Meg shunt resistor to R4 also.

Attachments

• VMC.gif
    VMC.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 299
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Franz was once saying the same and his V were stronger in the end... Double check the conditions. Are you using straight current mode DMM measuring and a 9V battery, or you add a resistor in series also, then you translate voltage drop? It can be dropping enough with V and changing the VDS passing lower IDSS.

Franz was once saying the same and his V were stronger in the end... Double check the conditions. Are you using straight current mode DMM measuring and a 9V battery, or you add a resistor in series also, then you translate voltage drop? It can be dropping enough with V and changing the VDS passing lower IDSS.

I am measuring with a staight current mode DMM and a 9v battery. I tested few again with a fresh battery and matching is the same, only absolute value is around 0.20mA more. Should I test all of them again? As I understand, this is the recommended method.