Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

When i toasted one of my DN2540's they still worked fine with 12v, but not with 200V input..
Problem could also arise if you have high CCS current set, together with a transformer that have lower current rating on secondaries... but i would still think you should have a little output voltage at least....?

When I changed the DN2540's I got current and voltage but still no light and no reactions when adjusting for current and voltage. Or rather the voltage changed when I adjusted the current. Crazy. I tried another unused SSHV2 from the same older batch, and that didn't work either. My newer 4 works perfectly and are built excactly the same. I think it must be a problem with a series of components bought from Teebag. I need to contact him to see if he has some more kits for sale.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I need recommendations for best bypass capacitors for the Solen 10uF that's in the kit from Tea-bag. I've tried russian teflon and Mundorf silver oil and I like them both for different reasons (and different recordings) but maybe there is something better out there. Anybody tried V-cap Cutf?

I used two 4.7uF Auricaps in parallel & sounds very good.

I need recommendations for best bypass capacitors for the Solen 10uF that's in the kit from Tea-bag. I've tried russian teflon and Mundorf silver oil and I like them both for different reasons (and different recordings) but maybe there is something better out there. Anybody tried V-cap Cutf?

Hi. I did not build Salas HV yet, however I build bunch of reflectors and SSLVs. Out of many caps I tried the best cap for SSLVs zobel was Mundorf EVO Oil. It had the nicest and smoothest sound.
If I were building this board I would personally try Mundorf EVO Oil 10uf without any bypass. It is not big cap and should fit nicely in this position. Reasonable price compering to results.
However its sonic improvement/signature was only heard when SSLV was used in gain stages, so I would expect same rule here.

Joined 2009
Paid Member

Attachments

• kelvin wire connection.png
    kelvin wire connection.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 219