Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

New failure mode with SSH1, while probing the output mosefet I slipped and the voltage stuck at -20V in, CCS was fine. So I replaced the MJE350, no good, the second mosfet, nope, then the jfet nope now it is putting out less than 10 volts now, check the potentiomter and it is stuck at 34 ohms, no amount of turns changes it. All my mosfets are zener protected, so I can't figure out how this happed.

When I find a replacement 1k pot, will probably replace all the sand again. Would wait on SSHV2 boards but can't go that long without tunes

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
SSHV2 guide

Hi guys, I wrote it finally. Its short but to the point I hope.
Since enough builds went OK by now I feel its cool you can go GB as you asked. I had only designated a bit different trimmer values (and their parallel resistors values) for easier handling as minor changes.

Attachments

• GuideSSHV2.zip
    324.6 KB · Views: 377
Negative supply voltage possible with SSHV2?

Back on post 1001 - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/134801-simplistic-mosfet-hv-shunt-regs-23.html#post2229950 Piedsd asked if the v1 version could produce a dual-rail version of this design of +ve300V and -ve300V for an exstata headphone amp.
Salas, you produced the cct diagram below for a negative supply voltage (bottom):

Will the SSHSV2 design in the latest group buy be able to produce a negative supply voltage as above with some parts changes?

Thanks

Attachments

• SSHVmirror2test.gif
    SSHVmirror2test.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 495