Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Not yet.
Tea-bag will let us know when he is ready.

I am almost always ready ;)

Salas holds the decision on when to do GB.
I think we are confident the stuff all works good and whatnot.
So A quick build guide or explanation of Do's and Dont's and GB Thread would need to start things off.

It usually takes a couple of month's for interest to peak in order to get enough boards to make them affordable.

I am just the operations dude.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Guys, its great that the SSHV2 PCB protos run fine on inductive loads with very positive subjective comments from SSHV1 users. We also saw matrix boards working, and one completely different on self made pcb and layout from dadedady working fine again on a resistive preamp tube load. High voltage parallel regulators will always be expected to meet loads or input cabling/transients that they will fail upon non the less.
I will write a small guide and give GB green light in the near future since many here asked, I promise. As soon as I will finish a couple of things I am doing right now. Thanking all of you for taking part in evaluation!!!
It will still carry the disclaimers, of ''quit if it ain't working on your application when assembled OK itself'', and ''Don't mess with high voltage if you haven't done enough such stuff already and knowing precautions, grave injury or death danger is involved!''.

Salas,
I have my two SSHV2 boards made and wanted to make sure that the only fets that need sinking are the 2 - dn2540 and the 840? Is the dissipation of these devices the voltage dropped across them times the current, correct, not the voltage seen by the drain times the current? Just being careful so I don't make fireworks!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
It will still carry the disclaimers, of ''quit if it ain't working on your application when assembled OK itself'', and ''Don't mess with high voltage if you haven't done enough such stuff already and knowing precautions, grave injury or death danger is involved!''.

Use precaution with high voltage. Here are some alligator clip probes to keep hands a safe distance away. They are about 250MM long total.

Attachments

• alligator.JPG
    alligator.JPG
    655.1 KB · Views: 493