Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SSA Soft Start universal utility module

Actually i was "distracted" with the parallel project ... :D

... and that is SSA Soft Start universal utility module, just finished and throughout tested today. This kind of module is always wellcome to someone building a DIY amp, cause it has them all, I mean all the necessary features needed to put any power amplifier elegantly into function. :cool:

I think the pics will tell more. ;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 1,095
  • SSA Soft Start.jpg
    SSA Soft Start.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 437
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 759
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 816
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 3,104
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 1,018
Nice looking boards, Andrej! You made them here in Slovenia or in foreign country? :D

All shown PCB's are made locally and these are like prototyping ones. :eek:

Real ones will come later if needed. ;)

Now the soldering of the received material (still wraped in plastic bags) into SSA amplifier boards will start tomorrow. :cool:

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 542
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 450
Happy New Year Andrej! What is the dimension of your heatsink? It looks nice. Where did you buy it?

Cheers,

Fred

Thanks, Happy New Year to you and to all DIY forum members too. :grouphug::wiz:

Both type of heatsinks description in attached pics.

Well I bought them locally at representative of the Fischer company here. Look to their web site to find local distributor and than some CAD/CAM company to grind/tap the heatsinks. ;)

Attachments

• SK75.JPG
    SK75.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 764
  • SK157.JPG
    SK157.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 741
Andrej,

Congratulations. Simply wonderful build. Only comment is components are so dense on the PCB need to be expert to solder, probably difficult repair later.

Thanks,
Routhun

Thanks Routhun ;)

The concept of this amp is high power bandwidth so the parts have to be close to each other because of the shortest track connections as possible. Density of the parts population on PCB is medium to large, parts are having enough space not to touch its neighbours. Of course it is compromise between assembly/service and performance but anyway it is well defined one. :cool:

Attachments

• SSA BIGBT HP PCB3.JPG
    SSA BIGBT HP PCB3.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 741
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.