Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! Sorry for my english. Can you help me? I made SSA BIGBT rev. 1.1, it`s work, but I see not good on my oscilloscope. Bias in 100mA on transistir, offset is OK.
Why I see it? Thank you!
6c56f62da4b7.jpg

Yes, DC voltage of around 22 millivolts across 0.22 ohms resistors.
Oscilloscope works on 10v\cm. On next step on my sinus generator i see clipping.
Sorry for my english.
I know that this distortion can be if 100ma not flowing in the 0.22 ohms (low bias level). I can used 1A, but distortion there is. I return to 100mA.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I see distortion in all levels. Thank you for help!

Well I'm afraid I'm not much help on this at the moment because I'm struggling to see where the problem could be.

Do all four 0.22 ohms have 100mv across them ?

Is the board layout one that has been used successfully by others... in other words a tried and tested version... or is it one of your own ? (I ask that because I've not followed the thread, its the first time I've seen the design I think)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It is an interesting schematic, in fact its taken me a while to figure out the operation of it all.

I'll have a think some more on it but as before, at this moment I can't just think of any possible reasons for it behaving like this. It would be very unusual for any design to be component sensitive (with regard to type) to this extent.

I started it in +-32V, everything works, but bias stable too long time - near 3 minutes.
In +-32V amplifier have no distortion. Many thanks:)
It`s play music very nice, more better then Quad 405 and amplifier based on Sumo Nine Plus circuit. But Mark`s Alexander`s amp play music better, then SSA.
My next step is SSA on bipolar transistors, without mosfet. I think that this schematic is more better for music.

Lazy Cat, thank you for schematic. It`s very interesting!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.