Simple Symetrical Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi max.

You might try these to make it stable:

1. Install two 47pF in parallel with the 1K feedback resistors, one for each.

Or,

2. Replace 1K/100R feedback network with 2K2/220R.

I can't assure but one of these tricks might help. It will be sad to see you giving up after this much progress.

shaan
dear shaan,
can you teach me that how can amplifier circuit are made how it work,what are the types of classs amplifier and ther limitations which is the best amplifier such as class a,ab,d etc. thanks

what is the meaning of ssa,bigbt,hp,ssa,ccs
You too have problem with acronyms ?
SSA is the name given by L.C. to one of his current feedback amplifier, working in class AB.
bigbt is the name (given by L.C. ?) of a power device, composed by a mosfet followed by a power bipolar transistor. Can be in a case, like darlo,ngtons, or build with discrete devices.
hp is the French acronym for loudspeaker, or power of a motor..
CSS means current source. Can be too in a single device, or build with a transistor or mosfet, and some passive components. It is supposed to provide a fixed current, whatever the impedance changes of the charge at their output.

For amplifier classes, please refer to Google or electronic books.

You too have problem with acronyms ?
SSA is the name given by L.C. to one of his current feedback amplifier, working in class AB.
bigbt is the name (given by L.C. ?) of a power device, composed by a mosfet followed by a power bipolar transistor. Can be in a case, like darlo,ngtons, or build with discrete devices.
hp is the French acronym for loudspeaker, or power of a motor..
CSS means current source. Can be too in a single device, or build with a transistor or mosfet, and some passive components. It is supposed to provide a fixed current, whatever the impedance changes of the charge at their output.

For amplifier classes, please refer to Google or electronic books.

dear sir,
thanks a lot

ciao

see my last project:rolleyes:

Attachments

• RIND.GIF
    RIND.GIF
    15.1 KB · Views: 997
broken.png

Hey guys

I will soon be building V1.4 of the original SSA. Schematic is attached.

I will be using KSC1845/KSA992 for Q1-Q6 due to the ability to make matched pairs. I have had no success matching medium power VAS transistors so far.

I would like to run the VAS at 5ma. 10mA will probably cook the VAS transistors.

Is the VAS current set by VR1? If I set the VAS at 5mA what do I change to get the outputs to bias at 130 mA?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...er-design1.pdf

SSA info??

Hi Guys
Would like to build a SSA amp - but after looking around in the various threads, I'm getting a bit confused - several versions, different transistor versions etc.

I can't seem to find a thread which compiles info for a given version: schematic, Bill of materials, known issues etc. ??

Will I have to go through all +500 pages to learn this ? :)

Best regards
Hans

Hi Hans, welcome to the thread :wave2:

Well any SSA inclusive amp's name will give you listening pleasure it's just about your DIY skills, but looking to your forum's registration date I assume there's no such limitation.

Without any doubt for the start I would suggest you PMI's VSSA version or Bory's BJT/hexfet VSSA version of this amplifier. All are CFA with CCS to inject input bias current, high bandwidth, high speed amplifiers. Latter is a little bit powerful but all depends on your speakers to choose the right one.

So much for the introduction. :)

Hi Hans, welcome to the thread :wave2:

Well any SSA inclusive amp's name will give you listening pleasure it's just about your DIY skills, but looking to your forum's registration date I assume there's no such limitation.

Without any doubt for the start I would suggest you PMI's VSSA version or Bory's BJT/hexfet VSSA version of this amplifier. All are CFA with CCS to inject input bias current, high bandwidth, high speed amplifiers. Latter is a little bit powerful but all depends on your speakers to choose the right one.

So much for the introduction. :)

Hi Lazy Cat - and thanks for the welcome! :)
My DIY skills are not that high - even though I'm an "old dog" in here, I can't do many tricks. I've build a couple of preamps and class A poweramps, all Nelson Pass designs - and a bunch of chipamps - but am by no means an Expert in anything - I own a voltmeter and a soldering iron, that's it :)

I kinda like the sound of chipamps, but find them to weak to some extent, and also like the class a amps, but I want something which can be turned on all the time - then a bit simple - and Thus found this thread :)

I can see that PMI has some good documentation - but I need to ask which transistors should be matched - all of them? I know from the pass-world that symetrical devices sharing a signal should ideally be matched if there's high gain involved?

Best regards
Hans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.