Simple Killer Amp - Listening impressions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BEAWARE

Hi Greg,

If you want that people remember you as the designer of Great SKA..then do one thing straight....right now!

Either liftup your designs from this Forum or Dont sell them at throw away prices..because a CHINESE Firm has already copied your SKA design and has sold it to its commercial customers at a worth....
Here on the Forum...these Chinese/Thailandese people from big firms Roam with English identity names...They say nothing to anyone nor they take part in discussions ....just observe the talented guys and copied their designs...

I am saying this because I have investigated the matter in to depth....

I cannot reveal their names at this forum...mail me personally if you want some more info...

Save your self mate,untill its too late
K a n w a r

No time to cheers...babe

amplifierguru said:
Hi Kanwar,

Had to happen! They're astute, but have no regard for patents even when issued. They don't subscribe to the Montreal protocol
recognising western patents anyway. I predate them so the bigger they are - sell it in the west better talk to me.

Better audio to the people - looks like it's happening.

Cheers,
greg

I think you better be cautious....or you might wind up with nothing in your pocket....

K a n w a r

Anyone who has been around as long as Greg has is astute and clever enough to hold a few cards up his sleeve and perhaps invest these in some commerical offerings when it suits.

And besides, as most of use know..there's no money to be made in DIY audio kits..its a passion ....not Fortune 500.

Industrialised China is already producing ready made commerical HiFi and AV offerings at Wallmart prices..that is old news. Why would anyone consider a diy clone over there..go figure?

If and when they start hiring Harvard MBA's and realise the current margins won't sustain the inevitable inflation, the rising cost of capitalisation and spiraling wages things will change or they will disappear up their own clackás..again!

Re: BEAWARE

Workhorse said:
Hi Greg,

If you want that people remember you as the designer of Great SKA..then do one thing straight....right now!

Either liftup your designs from this Forum or Dont sell them at throw away prices..because a CHINESE Firm has already copied your SKA design and has sold it to its commercial customers at a worth....
Here on the Forum...these Chinese/Thailandese people from big firms Roam with English identity names...They say nothing to anyone nor they take part in discussions ....just observe the talented guys and copied their designs...

I am saying this because I have investigated the matter in to depth....

I cannot reveal their names at this forum...mail me personally if you want some more info...

Save your self mate,untill its too late
K a n w a r

Hey Kanwar,

It's a pretty damn sophisticated R & D lab we have here aint it!

But we all knew that didn't we. :whazzat:

Cheers,

Terry

Re: Re: BEAWARE

Terry Demol said:

Hey Kanwar,

It's a pretty damn sophisticated R & D lab we have here aint it!

But we all knew that didn't we. :whazzat:

Cheers,

Terry

Hi Terry,

This Forum is more than enough of R&D than anyone could imagine...but cheaters/copiers are everywhere..this forum is no exception....in that aspect..as well..

K a n w a r

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Well, with such "simple" design it should not be hard to buy a kit and draw a schematic, or am I mistaken?

Or else all component values could be removed, and then nobody would know nothing anymore, and Greg would have a hard time getting things together

It could then only be sold assembled, and then I am sure it would be accused of not being true DIY anymore.

As a diyer; I appreciate the ability to have the chance to build these quality sounding amps which in the retail world I would not buy because of costs. It seems to me there is nothing to prevent anyone from reverse engineering any of these designs except some punitive patent. The chinese now have introduced a car at the detroit auto show and it looks very modern. I say again; I appreciate the input from the diy community.

cheers
doggy:)

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Hey, we are only simple people trying to find out something to do with our limited, what ever - if this is good - so why are you messing things up

Other designers have left the forum because of too much muggery, or what ever - last a chipamp designer mr. Mauro, fortunately he has left it to two young guys to continue, and as I understand are they doing it brilliantly - very fortunate.

Greg has chosen to give it away free, maybe not wise, but dont you think that he as an experienced person knows the risk of this - and it should tell you something about his person - hell, if he wanted to be rich he would make something better, I think.

I may be very naive, but I am sure SKA is made fore simple people like us, with limited, what ever - so why not leave it to us.

tinitus said:
Hey, we are only simple people trying to find out something to do with our limited, what ever - if this is good - so why are you messing things up

Are you referring to me? If so what is messed up?

I may be very naive, but I am sure SKA is made fore simple people like us, with limited, what ever - so why not leave it to us.

No argument with anything you are saying Tinitus.

I am merely pointing out that anything that is posted here will be
open to IP theft, that is an unfortunate fact.

Cheers,

Terry

Terry Demol said:
I am merely pointing out that anything that is posted here will be
open to IP theft, that is an unfortunate fact.
Cheers, Terry

yes, this is indeed so - and everybody knows it

we see all sorts of strategy to try to keep
- all secret
- most of secret
- a bit of secret
- not anything secret

it is impossble to keep anything secret that is sold public
you can try to scare from using and producing copies
not many will be scared what is not actually enforced by law
law will not cover everything everywhere

I would say
whatever strategy, you endup very much like others.

My vote goes for those that only keep a bit secret
or even give away most information openly.
What is lost in Intellectual Property (IP)
is gained in goodwill and respect by many
and this is certainly no bad thing in business.

One very fine example of this is Nelson Pass.
Nobody can say he is doing very bad .....
... at least I will not say it
:)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Guys, whilst I and the other mods share your respect for IP, sites like diyAudio are not really a problem for manufacturers. Yes, they might encourage one or two people to clone a commercial offering, but the big players would just buy the item and copy the whole thing, right down to the PCB, then churn out hundreds or thousands. They're interested in profit, not laying out PCBs or guessing component choices. That sort of things takes too long.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Hi, This do remind me og "Gollum" in"Lord of the rings"

Could it be that some of you are living in places with high criminal behavior, making you neurotic, not really knowing if everything is gone when you come home.

From whom is mr. Hugh, and mr Elliot fore that matter, protechting his produkt -yeah, us diyers making copies not working properly - could ruin his buissiness in a minute - a far more worse situation.

Chinese making copies of SKA - I dont believe it, and if you look at what they produce it is obvious that they are capeable of far more advanced designs. Maybe there will be a little chinaman making copies localy - no, they would rather do something far more komplex, to get it look like HighEnd.

I think this debate started as a joke - describeing what could happen, telling Greg that his amp "is already in the process of being copied" - all just to scare him off and leave the forum - I think this is just plain malicious and spoiling the fun fore the rest of us.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi tinitus,
Just to clear the air. No one was or is trying to scare any member from the forum. The simple truth is that designs do get copied. This can be done by any nationality in any country.

Generally, the original producer has a production and name advantage that will withstand this abuse. I was personally simply drawing attention to this fact. No malicious intended toward anyone, certainly not Greg.

The truth is so boring that stories will be created for the interest value.

-Chris

tinitus said:
I think this debate started as a joke - describeing what could happen, telling Greg that his amp "is already in the process of being copied" - all just to scare him off and leave the forum - I think this is just plain malicious and spoiling the fun fore the rest of us.

Tinitus,

If this seems to you as a joke, then enjoy it with the full gesture......

Greg, worked hard for 6 months continously on the SKA..and If i were to joke then this isn't the way of joking by throwing some information which you referred to is malicious ..and painstaking the Greg.....

It mightbe fun for you guys..but Greg is in real discomfort......all his hardworked is copied.....You guys dont know that Greg is experiencing worst circumstances....and you are enjoying it as a JOKE ....

K a n w a r

Pirating

Get real, loosen up and get less paranoid guys!

Yes some wheeny somewhere in Asia probably has already stolen Greg's and other designs.

BUT if anyone worth worrying about was going to steal something with serious intent they would buy and reverse engineer a Halcro, Levinson, Krell or Chord etc and NOT and unknown and unproven design not yet marketed!!

These people's customers buy LABELs, NOT sound! The people do not engineer and refine etc. Gregs details would be all too difficult for them.

Greg will not lose one cent of revenue from such pirates.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.