Simple amp with DC on the output...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the heatsink is too small... it gets too hot... and I still haven;t added a cap to the input for DC filtering... I haven't blown the cones out of the 3inch woofers its running YET, but if I'm not carfull I probably will...

there is no way I could use this to run 4ohm speakers.. the heatsink is far too small... I might try and fan cool it or add some fins to it.. but space is really a problem...

the 3inch woofers cost $9 for the pair... they are sortof TLs.. they are sitting on my desk facing up with a 50cm piece of pipe resting ontop.... they have a usable response down to like 50Hz..... but not at too much power...

the amp cost me $2.70 to make (even cheaper than the speakers) all I had to buy was the speaker terminals...

EVERYTHING else was recycled, except the chips with are samples.. :)

SkinnyBoy said:
hmm.. I don't think I do have space.. lol the aluminium plate they are mounted on now rests on the motherboard, and the top of the case.... and, the surface that the chips are currently mounted on is only 4.5 cm high....

Naughty naughty, I see that you changed some things.:whazzat:
Your picture is from version 1.0, and now you're on version 1.1.:bawling:
Is the new version better?
Well... at least it's:hot: .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.