Silver RCA Cable-share your experience, opinions here!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am fortunate to have a good high end audio store near me with a very nice owner. We have listened to various brands of cables and I have found that power cables make the most change of all cables in a system. My favorite power cables are the Audioquest Storm series. The best and most costly storm cables are the Dragon line and they have both copper and silver solid core conductors in them. After much listening I prefer solid core conductors for interconnect, speaker, and power cables.
If I could only upgrade one cable in my system it would be the power cable, it gives the greatest improvement. You might not have the same results that I have had.

If I could only upgrade one cable in my system it would be the power cable, it gives the greatest improvement. You might not have the same results that I have had.

You should also try wrapping the power cable connectors with bags of Mini Brilliant Pebbles; at $59 a bag they are a true bargain. The first thing you will notice is an absolute jet black background that the music seems to float out of. Even if coming from a high resolution uncompressed digital source, the sound will be much more analog and organic, with an ease that's intoxicating. Instrument separation will be much more apparent with mind blowing musical detail, creating a huge sound stage that seems to exceed the physical constraints of the room.

Eventually, you may want to upgrade to the Large Brilliant Pebbles and place the Mini Brilliant Pebbles bags in the corners of your room; they will absorb the last remnants of noise from your sound, for a truly amazing experience.

What kind of a question is that???

I am sorry if my question lacked clarity!

My answer would be that a non-scientist is more likely to perceive that a silver interconnect sounds better than a copper one, because of his or her lack of scientific bias.

However, if you read my previous posts, you will see that I do not subscribe to the silver is best mantra, nor do I believe that burn in is a real phenomenon.

So, in relation to my philosophy, you are preaching to the converted! :cool:

My answer would be that a non-scientist is more likely to perceive that a silver interconnect sounds better than a copper one, because of his or her lack of scientific bias.

However, if you read my previous posts, you will see that I do not subscribe to the silver is best mantra, nor do I believe that burn in is a real phenomenon.

I am not sure that all sciences expose one to proper experimental protocols nor understandings of expectation bias. Most engineering programs I am aware of will not use human perceptual responses as a metric. I assume most sciences do not teach that, but rather, good experimental design, test methodologies.

I could see someone in science or engineering, once told that expectation bias is a confounder capable of destroying the accuracy of the measurement, would easily understand it. But if they are not aware it is occurring to them, may be fooled.

Jn

You should also try wrapping the power cable connectors with bags of Mini Brilliant Pebbles.

You could try Scottish pebbles, but "Ye cannae change the laws of physics, Jim."

Attachments

• Scottish pebbles.jpg
    Scottish pebbles.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 146

Why would you tell someone what they are testing in a blind test? There , that bias is gone.

I am fortunate to have a good high end audio store near me with a very nice owner. We have listened to various brands of cables and I have found that power cables make the most change of all cables in a system. My favorite power cables are the Audioquest Storm series. The best and most costly storm cables are the Dragon line and they have both copper and silver solid core conductors in them. After much listening I prefer solid core conductors for interconnect, speaker, and power cables.

Do you even know how the power supply in your amp works?

You should also try wrapping the power cable connectors with bags of Mini Brilliant Pebbles; at $59 a bag they are a true bargain. The first thing you will notice is an absolute jet black background that the music seems to float out of. Even if coming from a high resolution uncompressed digital source, the sound will be much more analog and organic, with an ease that's intoxicating. Instrument separation will be much more apparent with mind blowing musical detail, creating a huge sound stage that seems to exceed the physical constraints of the room.

Eventually, you may want to upgrade to the Large Brilliant Pebbles and place the Mini Brilliant Pebbles bags in the corners of your room; they will absorb the last remnants of noise from your sound, for a truly amazing experience.

Thanks for the info Waly, I have used quartz to good effect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.