Short Thor build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dave,
You have another Fan to add to the club!
Let's have a big welcome for our newest member, 2Sooners !:wave2:

Alison Krauss is CW?

dave
IMO, Yep!

Band members play, a 5 string banjo, stand up bass (often plucked), and
a Dobro among others.

She plays a fiddle not a violin. :)

Before she made that album with Robert Plant, she sung about lost love, dogs and drinkin'...:cheers: ................hic ! :drink:

Country / Western
Cute Woman
Coy Winsome

:)

Ron

Ron

I've got a few Allison Krauss, i never would categorize it as CW... the old KD Lang i have yes, AC no. Bluegrass...

dave

OK,
Bluegrass it is, agreed, better definition.
She sounds good to me, I'm not that fond of the album she made with Robert Plant though, it's OK, but I like her older songs better. The one I DO like is the 1st one with the way the music sorta "sloshes" back and forth between the stereo channels...............Very cool effect.

:)

Ron

Dave,
She spells it
Alison Krauss..................ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• alison krauss 2.jpg
    alison krauss 2.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 410
OK since we are off ~temporariliy on source.... I found what I had been digging for.
For those who can come up with it. The most in your den,in you face source CD song i can find is a little duet between Ricky Skaggs and Natalie Maines. "Walk Softly" The 2 sooners aka Jake and Buddy beagles had to sing along. I'll post a pic of Jake posing as the RCA Victor dog with the new thor. What a shot!

FWIW work is underway on the bases. What i have now sucks.

Celtic Women also do some interesting work. Anyone else got a extra clean well performed / recorded favorite? Test the Thor's! BTW "Sounds From the Ground" will
shake the furniture. Short Thor is a bumper!

Yes Dave, it does. These are new to my home. Right now they go where the old ones lived. At this point i am tired and i wil sit on my butt and drink a cold one. When I finish
cleaning the mess in the garage and make up with my wife, then maybe time to resort the furniture......

Anyhow heres a shot or two.

This is the hospital where they were born.

Attachments

• hospital.jpg
    hospital.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 362
  • hospital2.jpg
    hospital2.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 348
Here are 3 cabinet build up shots. Note the quarter round bracing to the sides and the thread to support the loose pack fiber. The drivers are temporarily installed for electrical/operational testing.

Attachments

• cabshot.jpg
    cabshot.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Sealing Cabinet.jpg
    Sealing Cabinet.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 183
  • closer to test.jpg
    closer to test.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 186
All Cherry, now that's cherry.
Looks good and I'll bet a "lunch at a drive up window" that they really dig deep and loud.

Couple of questions though,
Why did you make the sides overlap the baffle? and is there any way to update the Xovers in the future?
Not a dig, just wondering.

I love the color of 'em.
They'll sound better after about 80 hours too. You'll notice the difference!

Ron

Ron,

It had to do with the width of the lumber. I had 4 peices that i could get
7-1/2". Each of them were exceptional quality. After screwing and glueing
I doubt it made much performance difference. FWIW i like the looks better as well. You know what the sound is like.:cloud9:

The xovers can be dug out from the bottom. Unless they fail they wil never be seen by me again. I would have to take the bases off and unless i rent a crane i ain't gonna pick these up no more. They weigh 92 lbs each.

Enough rattle .. now more shots.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.