SG3525 for Inverter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Inverter Pics

Luka et. al.,

Here are some pics I took this afternoon. Here is the Xfmr Section.....

Attachments

• aims 2.5kw xfmr section (512 x 384).jpg
    aims 2.5kw xfmr section (512 x 384).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3,304
Tolik said:
Steve, you are a king...

Tolik-

Thanks! Just passing on some good stuff (I hope). I would like to use this platform as the basis for a 2.5kW Sinewave output. The DC-DC Boost section looks stout enough (though I would replace the three 220mF 200V caps (there's room on the board for four) with four 330- or 390mF 200V caps, just to give it a little stiffer DC bus.

To do this, I would:

1) Re-clock the 60Hz oscillator to 60kHz, modulating it at 60Hz

2) Then filter it by a big L-C filter to remove the 60kHz content, thus leaving a nice clean 60Hz sinewave out.

Luka-

Yeah that's the idea. Once at work, I tore apart a Xantrex Prosine 1800 (when no-one was looking :D ) to see what was inside. Aside from a TON of control electronics, mcontrollers, support ICs, and other BIG components, I saw some pretty big L-C components used to recover the 60Hz component of the output signal, so I'm not in so much shock as you would expect, when dealing with a 60Hz low-pass filter rated for 2.5kW.

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.