Server problems?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hmmm... maybe I've found it. Something is using a security certificate from Cyber Trust, which my browser rejects as invalid. I thought Cybertrust was long defunct.
It may be whatever is lined to that (some advert) that is causing the hang ups.

Where is Jason, or fabulous leader? He has the keys to the engine room.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Something went awry yesterday, not sure what, but it's passed now. Vbulletin boards across the web are getting hit very hard these days for various reasons such as password brute force attacks and more. If you're not using a strong password and using different passwords for each site that you visit, you should assume that you've already been hacked :)

Problem found to be Avast Webrep plug-in for Firefox. When disabled all is cured, suggested that it may be locking up scanning something on the DiyAudio website, seems to be associated with Google on the status bar.
Problem suddenly appeared some time ago, could it be something as simple as the advertisement at the top? Anyway, we have a cure this end so if you are having the problem with Firefox, disable the Webrep plug-in and try again after a Firefox restart.

I'm using Firefox and I have no problems with this site.
The new version of Microsoft IE is absolute crap. That's why I changed to Firefox.
Microsoft Outlook has also become troublesome following their last update (patch).
I've un-installed Outlook and I'm now using Mozilla Thunderbird for email.
I can see a time (perhaps in the near future) when I will stop using Windows on many of my computers. Not sure whether I'll go the Apple route or the Linux route.

Something went awry yesterday, not sure what, but it's passed now. Vbulletin boards across the web are getting hit very hard these days for various reasons such as password brute force attacks and more. If you're not using a strong password and using different passwords for each site that you visit, you should assume that you've already been hacked :)

yuk.

Jason,

all day yesterday and most of today, it's been extremely slow to load if at all. This correlates totally with my attempts to go to www.cnn. Usatoday, msnbc, and avsforum were not doing this at all.

ps. this was both IE and google chrome.

jn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.