Seattle DIY Meet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll be there, I will for sure be bringing one large pair of speakers and probably a second pair of giant speakers and a custom amp. I'll be working right up to the deadline as always but I'll have something finished in time.

Hi Will,

I'm really looking forward to seeing your projects.

For those of you who may not have seen SirByrd's workmanship, you're in for a genuine treat. Perhaps one of the most talented diy'ers in the Northwest (and he's only 17!).
:eek:

Best Regards,
Terry

I hope I can make it for all day, but it'd be easier if we had two cars at this household. Can't hardly haul my good stuff on the bus... I'd like to audition my Leach amplifier on some really good speakers/program sources.

--Damon

PS Terry--finish? We don't need no stinkin' finish--we're DIYers. When are our projects ever really finished?

I hope I can make it for all day, but it'd be easier if we had two cars at this household. Can't hardly haul my good stuff on the bus... I'd like to audition my Leach amplifier on some really good speakers/program sources.

--Damon

PS Terry--finish? We don't need no stinkin' finish--we're DIYers. When are our projects ever really finished?

Hi Damon,

I sure hope you can make it, I'd love to hear your amp. Maybe someone coming from the southend could give you a ride.

Best Regards,
Terry

Terry,
I've got a 2.1 setup (small sub and satellite pair) for my computer/office room. If there's room, I'll bring that down too.

Haven't had much time to work on the SET amp -- maybe Friday. (nothing like waiting til the last minute, huh?) :eek:

Dave,

I bet a lot of people would like to hear your computer speakers ( I've heard them them myself and they're quite nice sounding!)

With all my unfinished projects, I sure can't criticise anyone else. Just the same bring them along.

Best Regards,
Terry

Hi all,can I bring my RCA SE Amp 199-C therea? No not for show of but for looking for someone to fix it.Hah......I got it from E-bay but never fire it up.Hope to see everyone there.

Bring them. There's probably someone that can look at them, or knows someone that could take a look. That's one of the neat things about these meets!

See you there.:D

Best Regards,
Terry

Terry - I was about to say "that might be just as well, 'cause a little Cal goes a long way", but as we know, there's nothing little about mr W, and the double entendres are almost embarrassing

Chris,
I really don't care what decent people say about Cal, I like him in spite of all that. But then, Hannibal Lector kind of grows on you as well.

have a great time all y'all, eh?

Thanks Chris, we'll sure try. :D

Best Regards,
Terry

Had a lot of running around today, so I won't have my SE amp kit finished for tomorrow. I might just bring it down anyway, as a "work in progress", if anyone is interested in seeing it.

I'll be bringing my 3-ways, and my 2.1 setup. I just hooked up the 2.1 this evening, and have listened to Tommy Emmanuel for the past hour or so -- one of my favorite ways to unwind.

Guess I'll load up what I can tonight, and be ready to hit the road in the morning. I'm stopping to pick up Don on the way, so I'll probably be there by 10:00 or so. See you then.

-Dave

DaveR, don't forget your tent :D

dave

Unfortunately, I did forget my tent. I guess I should have checked here for your reminder before going. :eek: Good thing I had enough gas to come all the way home tonight. Come to think of it, the pavement in the parking lot wouldn't go good with tent stakes. Hmmm.......

Everyone had a good time. There was a variety of speakers, amps, a DAC, and even a home-made turntable cut from mostly wood. I'll have to download some pic's tomorrow - even the really cool turntable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.