Seas FA22RCZ full range project

no new amp ...search on forum...like hi pass filter or rumble filter
http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/filter/filter_3.html around will be some java software
ss 10k to 25k
tube 47k to 100k

just misure the input resistor ;) or look better probably you have already an input cap to avoid DC from the source...

if is tube amp as very simple... just lower the coupling cap between the stage to avoid one more caps in series

Last edited:
Hello, can anyone tell me where I can get the suggested resister and coil to tame down the highs please.

SEAS say on the application note:

"The parallel resistor controls the high frequency attenuation. A larger
resistance results in more attenuation. Metal
film resistors of at least 5 Watts are recommended. Please make sure that the inductor is
wound from a heavy conductor for a low series
resistance, preferably less than 0.5 Ohms."

H1597-08 FA22RCZ

Thanks

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Seas suggest a 0.87mH or a 1.5mH, depending on how you want to tune it. Don't waste your money on the foil coils, the normal copper wire will do just fine here. Really.

You parallel that with a resistor of about 7 to 15 ohms. That will bring down the top end to suite your room, amp and ears. The larger the values, the more you bring down the top end. Simple. :)

Hi to all You,
I am new here and wanna ask a question regarding those speakers that I hope same of You will answer as thought exercise. I up front appreciate your time spended for this - so big Thank You ! in advance...
Here is the question: What will be the best use of those drivers in an apartment size 15 X 25 feet that has unsed second room size 30 X 11 feet behind the 15 feet wall and two unused doors on both edges of that wall. Could it be used (that wall) as a OB, or maybe long horn can be run into that unused room allowing for better (lower) bass ?
The only way I can thank You, guys for the answers can be recommending my last audio delight - CD of a group called 2Tm2,3 titled PROPAGANDA DEI ( no personal or financial interest involved).
Hard to get but worth trying... if you tolerate acoustic type of music and the type of it that brings the best from human soul...
Have a Good Life - Adam

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Many of the HF issues disappear when you install phase plugs.

http://www.planet10-hifi.com/downloads/B200-phase-plug.pdf
FA22-calinda-enclosure.jpg

dave

In my opinion Mr Joachim Gerhard is right, the inner cone needs damping.
My damping was made by three coats of thinned, four years preaged Linseed oil for the dustcap an two coats for the cone. High Frequency beam compensation is added by a proper acustical suspension lens. Sadly i found not mutch and if, very old literature on this issure.
Drying time is now two years. Damping for the 2 mil aluminium carrier will be butyl-foil, not yet applied. Goal of this procedure will be getting an acustic dead structure. Lets see if the LCD Network is obsolete now, acustical enery should now be dispensed better. I installed the driver assymetric in my Breezer, for avoiding summation of edge reflection and distributing baffle step over more than just one Frequency.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    471.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    509.7 KB · Views: 27
  • BPTS1590.JPG
    BPTS1590.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: