scratch BPA200 pcb lay out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zang is quite good and thus quite popular.. He is participating in MANY threads but this is a hobby for him.. He does this in his spare time.

Please be patient with him as I'm sure his work and social obligations FAR outweigh his hobby time. Oh yea, he has to sleep too...

As any sane person would do, if the hobby gets too hectic sometimes it's necessary to step away from it a bit. But... Zang is addicted to this hobby just like the rest of us... He HAS to return... :D

Supply connection

Hi Zang,

Received the boards today and they look absolutely Great. :D :D

But I do have some questions:
1- I see on your board that CBY5 and CBY2 are placed on the board but are not directly connected to each other but they are all connected to one of the supply pins of the LM3886. Am I right to assume you want me to use external wirering to connect all Capacitors and power supply pins? If possible please post a picture, because there are some connection points underneath components and I am not sure if I need does or not.

2- I also see on your board there are 7 CBY1. Did you put all 7 on your board or only 3 like in the AN-1192 description and used external wirering for powering U5 and U6. Or is putting all 7 on there improve the end result.

3- Which capacitors did you use for CBY1 and CBY2 because if have not found any who could fit in the available space. :bawling: :bawling:

4- For Rm and Cm. I saw on other posts that the advice for Rm is 33k and for Cm 100uF. Is this correct? Also am I correct to assume the Cm only needs to be 6,3V, so 100uF/6.3V.

Tnx,

Jeroen

Curious about the schematic - interested in building this one and not having to use drv134 approach. Is it correct to assume the schematic is the same as the 'basic' bpa200 mentioned in the application note pdf (and carlos's mention of no servo) ?

Any need for the op amp up front of it all? Does one have to worry about NS stating the 0.1 ballast resitors needing to be very closely matched?

Re: Supply connection

JeroenVl said:
But I do have some questions:Jeroen [/B]

1- Am I right to assume you want me to use external wirering to connect all Capacitors and power supply pins?

///Yes,the board need setup 2 strong mother rail for 4 * lm3886 supply.the mother rail can be setup at the bottom of the board.

2- I also see on your board there are 7 CBY1. Did you put all 7 on your board or only 3 like in the AN-1192 description and used external wirering for powering U5 and U6. Or is putting all 7 on there improve the end result.

///Yes,i put all 7 for better psu bypass.

3- Which capacitors did you use for CBY1 and CBY2 because if have not found any who could fit in the available space. :bawling: :bawling:

///I use elna standard series caps.I know the room of the top layer is very tightly.the caps can be setup the bottom.

wish it helps,good luck.
Zang

4- For Rm and Cm. I saw on other posts that the advice for Rm is 33k and for Cm 100uF. Is this correct? Also am I correct to assume the Cm only needs to be 6,3V, so 100uF/6.3V.

Tnx,

traw said:
Curious about the schematic - interested in building this one and not having to use drv134 approach. Is it correct to assume the schematic is the same as the 'basic' bpa200 mentioned in the application note pdf (and carlos's mention of no servo) ?

Any need for the op amp up front of it all? Does one have to worry about NS stating the 0.1 ballast resitors needing to be very closely matched?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.