scratch BPA200 pcb lay out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Zang-

If I'm reading this correct, you have had boards made.

May I get a pair of them?

And are you selling a parts "kit" also?

I think they will go very well in my chassis.

Attachments

• amp open(small).jpg
    amp open(small).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,445
Re: Re: I would wish view your pcb for BPA200

digi01 said:
the upper thing of the photo is a chinese pencil;) Zang

Zang you know I love your work, but I have to pick on you..

So what's the difference between a Chinese pencil and a "regular" pencil? I would assume just the decorations on the out side?

I'm glad to see you active on the forum again. :)

Maybe half the chips but the thermal power for one lm4780 can reach values so that your'e in need of a cooling fan. It's much better to spread the power discipation to more chips!

(For ex. you can't use the LM4780 in bridged configuration without a fan:whazzat:. Even a giant heatsink couldn't take all the heat the LM4780 produces in bridged mode; the contact area of the chip is too small. For me only PA-equipment should be cooled with a fan.)

slackman said:
Maybe half the chips but the thermal power for one lm4780 can reach values so that your'e in need of a cooling fan. It's much better to spread the power discipation to more chips!

(For ex. you can't use the LM4780 in bridged configuration without a fan:whazzat:. Even a giant heatsink couldn't take all the heat the LM4780 produces in bridged mode; the contact area of the chip is too small. For me only PA-equipment should be cooled with a fan.)

Making two boards, each paralleling three chips ("6" total), then bridging the two boards, should be able to handle it. Or if you don't feel like getting that fancy, parallel 2 chips ("4" amps total), then bridge those.

I know there are some folks using BrianGT's LM4780 kit in BPA without fans.

Hi Zang,

I'm still waiting for arrival of my boards, however
when I trace the copper track on the PCB in the photos
attached in Post 18, it indicates that the U7 output is
connected to the NI input (pin 10 via pin 11) of all 4
power chips (U1 - U4).

Please clarify

Thanks

TS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.