Scottmoose and planet10, this is for us - the Calhoun.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cal Weldon said:
I 'm helping the glue dry by giving them a good workout. ;)

Nice results so far. Bash plate set at 60 hz, very little gain, lots 'o' boom. (good boom that is)

Nice complement to the Calhoun's. It really does finish off the system.

Three more cheers for Scott and Dave

don't they need a-lot of work out :D

Arrrggghhhh...pair of 139s in the basement, but I got them for free because they are shot to h*ll and then some! Some disturbo stored them flat, so they are on Xmax when at zero power input...any ideas? They were Fu King elephantastic drivers in their time, so I don't want to dustbin them - anyone?

:t_ache: Pit

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Pit Hinder said:
Arrrggghhhh...pair of 139s in the basement, but I got them for free because they are shot to h*ll and then some! Some disturbo stored them flat, so they are on Xmax when at zero power input...any ideas? They were Fu King elephantastic drivers in their time, so I don't want to dustbin them - anyone?

:t_ache: Pit

play some music on them....in basement;
first time low level,after few days you can turn up a little.

check them every few days ;)
I hope that in a week or two you'll have good drivers again

This arrangement is very sweet from the 'spot' and is officially recommended. Woofer off the wall into the angled Calhouns.

No time to explain, back to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. :)

EDIT: Now down to 40 Hz on the XO.

Attachments

• calhoun splayed.jpg
    calhoun splayed.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,425
Pinkmouse,
Luvya mate...your kind of sympathy...:bawling: ...OK, might be the only way, but I like the old bangers too much to throw them away - I keep my old girlfriends' phone numbers, too.

Pit

Zen,
I don't have high hopes, but what the f**k...you never know until you've tried...and music in the basement at full throttle - my neighbours hate me anyway.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Pit Hinder said:
Pinkmouse,
Luvya mate...your kind of sympathy...:bawling: ...OK, might be the only way, but I like the old bangers too much to throw them away - I keep my old girlfriends' phone numbers, too.

Pit

Zen,
I don't have high hopes, but what the f**k...you never know until you've tried...and music in the basement at full throttle - my neighbours hate me anyway.

full throttle just after few days
been there ,done that ;)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
pinkmouse said:

Scott sim-ed me up a MLQT a while back, so that's an option, but I'm always open to other suggestions, and I've never built a horn for domestic use. Is your design on your site?

they haven't made it to the site yet. Scott is responsible for the modeling on them too... looks like i probably have the ML-TL too (never drew that one up)

dave

Attachments

• kef-b139-ttl-map.gif.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 224
Pit Hinder said:
Cal,
how do you afford the amount of Valium you need to keep Mrs. Weldon from shotgun divorcing you?:confused: Pit

She's out of town right now. Besides, when I'm out in the shop, she knows where I am, what I'm doing and I stay well clear of the remote.

pinkmouse said:
Cal: time to get the finishes out! Are you going to paint or stain?

Ummm, I haven't thought about that yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.