Scanspeak 4531g bookshelf design help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here you go. The XT25BG variety uses a larger motor and chamber.

As you'll see from the attached XSim, the two drivers have a lot of overlap, plenty easy to make them work together, and a good sounding choice.

Relatively narrow sweet spot, but not unpleasant off-axis.

The measurements were taken in cabinet but from two different speakers I've made, so please use only as a proof of concept.

Best,

E

Attachments

• VifaXT25BG_Scanspeak18_4531.zip
    23.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Here is a picture of the two drivers. Measurements at 3' (but it 2 diff. cabinets!) taken to be reference guide for close-mic applications.

I think the overlap in FR is plenty. :) May take a little fiddling, but a 2 kHz Xover is possible and a good fit for both drivers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Driver_Overlap.jpg
    Driver_Overlap.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 419
Wow thank you so much! You're obviously a very talented crossover designer (I have a long way to go)
If I used this tweeter, might it benefit from a waveguide? I'd like to incorporate a shallow-ish waveguide via cnc'd baffle/rear mount whichever tweet I decide on.

Another 'wildcard' option is a soon to be released ribbon tweet, which in theory could meet that woofer, just.

Bill,

That image is NOT from a working single speaker. :) I leave the final measurements and therefore crossover design up to you. :) So there is no evidence here I know anything about crossover design, just that I happened to have measurements for two of the drivers you are considering. :)

Many have used this tweet in a wave guide (Krell, YG Acoustics, Sonus Faber) however, the output is slightly narrow as is. Depends what you are looking to do with it. Magico used it kind of like you are thinking, removing the faceplate and mounting the motor to the front baffle from behind. The Magico Mini however used it as a front mount.

Best,

E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.