• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Scalable PSU/regulator GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BobEllis said:
If you live outside the US, I need your phone number to use the USPS customs form shipping program.

Trust me, you really don't want me hand writing your shipping label ;)

Shipping has begun. You will receive an email notifying you of your shipment when your package goes.

Bob do you specify the value of the package when shipping outside

If the group buy coordinator suddenly sends "gift" to 40 of his closest international friends it might draw some unwanted attention. I don't need to become known as a smuggler.

As it is, $20 worth of boards probably won't garner much if any duty- many countries don't levy duties until the value exceeds a nominal threshold. With the dollar worth so little, most orders will probably incur minimal if any duty.

I mentioned that the post you'd quoted was old just to avoid people worrying that they didn't get their boards yet.

Hi Sam,

I've been a bit swamped, still haven't found time to make an order page. It should be up soon - ordering will be open until May 2 or later if I can't get the order page up soon.

Reg boards will be $5 each. Shipping TBD

You can scale it to 65 V fairly easily for your Leach - I have a BOM for that on my web page. One regulator will handle a stereo amp with ease. If you want to be a purist, you can use one regulator per channel.

Since I am already into this further than I wanted to be and my son needs something to do other than play video games... ;)

Is there any interest in a 15V PSU parts kit?

I'd make it the same as previously, complete with everything needed for nominal 15V operation and the appropriate resistors if you want to buy trimpots and make your PSU adjustable. We'll jointly decide on heat sinks - most will find 1" sufficient, but some will want more. I haven't checked pricing but it should be somewhere around the same as last time, $23.

How about interest in a ~65V parts kit for Leach amp or similar? This kit would include trimpots to make it adjustable from say 50-70V. Pricing would be a bit more than the 15V version due to higher voltage caps and trimpots, probably in the $28 range.

Note that the most I can fit into a standard flat rate envelope is 4 parts kits and their boards. US buyer have the option of going to one of the flat rate boxes for a couple of bucks. There are international flat rate boxes, but they are rather expensive ~$35 will hold a lot but without insurance would you risk a couple hundred dollars?

I'm curious - are you waiting to for the PSU parts kits to order?

I've only had a couple of orders in the last three days and over half of the boards requested on the wiki are still unordered. Don't worry, there are enough orders to continue the buy.

If the group wants the buy extended past this Friday to settle the PSU kits, I can accomodate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.